Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howard Brazee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Lafayette CO
I heard our local Public Radio station offering a loaded iPod with one of its more expensive membership. It is a nano with all of the music that they offer to lesser memberships.

I wonder how they do this - if it is just a copy of the CDs, iTunes won't be able to unload it onto a computer - and nanos need to be unloaded.

I'd like to see someone sell a hard drive with various music (and video) collections loaded and ready to run - but they need some way of marking the songs as being legally purchased.

What I'd really like is to have my iTunes on a portable drive that my home and work iTunes use as native.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
I heard our local Public Radio station offering a loaded iPod with one of its more expensive membership. It is a nano with all of the music that they offer to lesser memberships.

I wonder how they do this - if it is just a copy of the CDs, iTunes won't be able to unload it onto a computer - and nanos need to be unloaded.

I'd like to see someone sell a hard drive with various music (and video) collections loaded and ready to run - but they need some way of marking the songs as being legally purchased.

What I'd really like is to have my iTunes on a portable drive that my home and work iTunes use as native.

I believe Apple sells "corporate gift" iPods that can have pre-loaded content. I would assume iTunes is set up to transfer these files back or downloaded these files from iTunes Store when the iPod is set up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.