Pre-orde iPhone 4Sr from Best Buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TexasFight1012, Oct 6, 2011.

1. TexasFight1012 macrumors newbie

Will I be able to pre order the iPhone 4S at midnight through Best Buy? Or Will I need to go through Apple or AT&T?

2. jttran241 macrumors member

I'm curious about this too. Might have to give them a call.

3. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I've tried calling my local Best Buy twice and the phone just rings and rings. I'm gonna take a ride up there to see. Back soon with an answer.....

4. TexasFight1012 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, It's much appreciated!

5. pirarre macrumors 6502

I want to know this as well as I just got an Epic 4G Touch a week ago from BB. And if I can, I want to exchange it for the iP4s.

6. drober30 macrumors 6502a

My local Best Buy in Michigan says no word from corporate so at this point they are not pre-ordering.

7. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

My Best Buy says they are doing pre-orders starting tomorrow morning. $50 down for which they give you a $50 gift card that you use towards the phone on the 14th. I almost bought an iMac while I was there too...but I was disciplined.

8. pirarre macrumors 6502

Wow..I'm gonna go check by my bestbuy. This would be great because then I wouldn't have to open a new line of service to get the phone.

Update:

Just called my local bestbuy and was told the same thing. They will start taking preorders tomorrow morning. This is great!!!!

9. Carlos22Dayday macrumors regular

i have checked 2 different best buy's and they are in fact doing pre-orders tomorrow starting at 10:00 a.m which is when they open. You have to buy a $50 gift card to pre order which you can use towards the iPhone 4s price and they will also be available on launch date.

10. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Best Buys web site now states pre-orders on the 7th, however, I was told by the employee that his internal employee news states pre-orders are given out first come first serve on the 14th. They are not reserving positions.

This could be more mis-information?

11. AJayAgliolio macrumors member

AJayAgliolio

Maybe I'm missing something, but browsing through the website, it looks like Best Buy only has the 16 GB and 32 GB... I can't find any of the 64 GB... interesting...

12. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

I asked they will have all sizes. FWIW they said they are basing the number ordered by amount of pre-orders?

13. tacload macrumors member

Odd. My best buy said that they are going to just take pre-orders, but it's still first come first served... and pre-ordering doesn't guarantee a phone on launch day.

WTF.

14. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

The supply chain for 3rd party vendors is erratic. They really have no idea how much stock they are getting until it shows up. Priority goes to Apple stores and B&M for AT&T, Sprint, & Verizon.

15. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

I to am curious exactly how this Best Buy pre-order works. They said you have to buy a $50 card. Is this because it's non refundable? And now I wanna know if you do this does this guarantee you a unit that is held for you?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.542897,-83.162832

16. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

I spoke with the people at bestbuy here on long island and according to them the preorders start at 10 am in store only.

17. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Someone earlier on the forum said radio shack isn't going to have the 64 Gb either.

18. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

Well I have now decided I will just set my alarm and preorder from Apple or AT&T I have a feeling that Best Buy is just selling you the $50 Gift Card with no real reservation on a phone just first come first severed that way after your all pissed off you still have given them $50.

19. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

From what I remember last year, Best Buy doesn't even know how many phones they will get until around the day before. I think they request a certain amount based on the amount of pre-orders. So I suppose it is possible to pre-order from Best Buy and not get your phone on the 14th if they for some reason can't get enough. Fortunately for me I am number 1 on my Best Buy's list so I am pretty much guaranteed a phone on the 14th.

20. fjrabon macrumors regular

also, be aware that best buy's policy on how they handle preorders for the iPhone will vary wildly from store to store. At some you just get bumped ahead of all the non-preorder people in the first thing friday line. If you get there late on Friday, after they start selling them, and they have already gotten through the 'pre-order' portion of the line, they may even start selling their stock to non preorders. Meaning you'll have a $50 gift card that you just have to wait to use until their next shipment.

At some stores they will put you in line based on your number on a list of when you made the pre-order.

At a few stores they might possibly actually save one for you if you pre-ordered, but this doesn't seem to be the norm. It especially won't be the case if the store gets fewer units than they request, which is quite possible.