Pre-order 3g Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edtorious, Jun 13, 2008.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

Apple knows they now have popular products to sell. I do not understand why they cannot take or do pre-orders online or on their stores? Why can't they do just like video games industry where they take pre-orders, it's very convenient and easy process. I'm getting a 3G Iphone but I'm dreading the fact that I have to get in line for so many hours on which I have never done so, before we can get the phone.:mad: Especially now with this activating can only be done in store? :mad: You're going to wait in line for so long before it opens and you're also going to have to wait in line longer even after the store opens!:eek::mad::confused::rolleyes:;):D

2. tritonj macrumors 6502a

there is still time for them to do pre-orders, july 11th is still weeks away

3. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

I'm curious has they ever done an in store pre-order before? I know they've done online pre-orders before.

4. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I'll just find out if they open and go early to make sure I get one. I don't care about the lines. I just want the phone. Hopefully they open early that day.

5. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Well, in the UK for example, you could pre order the sold out game GTA IV for £10, then you would have to pick it up before 10am that morning otherwise your copy would be sold. Soo dodgey.

Anyways, according to the UK O2 are offering online ordering for existing customers of the iPhone. So that may convey itself to other people looking to buy the iPhone in the US.

6. tritonj macrumors 6502a

it was announced they opening at 6:00pm on July 11th, they are spending the day prepping for the launch

7. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

I've seen this 6pm thing alot recently, but never actually seen this announcement (oficially). Where are you getting this info from?

8. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

That's how the launch was done last year.

Preordering shouldn't be necessary. Most Apple stores probably won't sell out on launch day but AT&T stores more than likely will.

9. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

pre-registering interest via o2's website or their customer service on 100.
    Carphone Warehouse will be doing first comefirstpreorder/ book on iphones, shortly.