Pre-order and In Store Pickup

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ericgtr12, Mar 19, 2015.

1. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I just wanted to get your thoughts on how the pre-orders and in store pickups work. If I pre-order online and want to pick it up in a specific store, say 1 or 2 days after it's released (I'll be on the road) will that be possible? My main question is what happens if they sell out, are our pre-orders still held at the specified store? Thanks for any assistance with this.

2. AdamSnow macrumors newbie

Wondering about this as well...

I'm a Canadian, but will be in San Francisco for the launch. Wondering if I can somehow pre-order and pick it up at the San Francisco store...

Probably not, but that would be awesome... :)

3. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I'll be on SF too, hoping to pick it up at the Stonestown mall on opening weekend. Let's hope we can do it! :)

4. lentus macrumors member

I asked an Apple employee (internet chat) whether this would be an option in Germany. I wanted to pre-order on the 10th, and pick in up on the 24th in the Apple Store in Berlin. He said that wasn't possible. They can only deliver to your house or work.

5. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

I'm planning to have mine delivered to my door just because I live about an hour and about 15 minutes from the nearest Apple Store. Just hoping it would get delivered to my home on the launch day.

6. Esexx macrumors 6502

Esexx

I am wondering if I should have the watch delivered to me or if I should do an in-store pick up??

I don't know what would be the best way to get the watch the earliest.

7. JCT1212 macrumors regular

I'm Canadian and going to be in New York for the launch, but I'm worried the warranty doesn't transfer fully to Canada. Even with the conversion rate the watch is cheaper in the US because of lower tax and Apple pricing above the current exchange rate... Does anyone know if it will?

8. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I bought an iPhone 6 case for in store pickup on launch day and waited 2 days to pick it up. Didn't have a problem. I think most in store pickup programs give you a week or so to claim your item.

9. JCT1212 macrumors regular

Does anyone know if I can buy the Apple Watch in the US and bring it back with a warranty to Canada? If so Ill do that because its cheaper

10. jcbandxi macrumors newbie

Also watching this thread. I'll be in NYC that Thursday afternoon into the weekend, but tied up in meetings all day Friday.

I am assuming that even though the 5th Ave store is open 24/7, it will not allow pickups until 8AM and there will be a line for that. I have a meeting starting at 8:30AM, so it would only work if they allowed for pickups starting at midnight.

Otherwise, I guess I would just get it shipped to my office and receive it on the next Monday.

11. comptr macrumors 65816

same here I am also going to be in NYC during the time of the apple watch release. So would it be better to pre-order and have pick-up at the 5th ave store? another thing is i can't make it to the store till Sunday afternoon. I am wondering if I just should wait till I come back home and buy it depending on availability.

12. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

If it's anything like iPhone pre-orders, I believe you would be able to order online, then either have it shipped to you (4/24 delivery), or reserve for in-store pickup on 4/24. But it might not be like the iPhone pre-orders. ;)

13. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Apple warranty is worldwide.

14. JCT1212 macrumors regular

Perfect. I'll pick one up in the US then! I had a big problem with a Samsung Galaxy Note I bought in the US, but that was Samsung...

15. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

My biggest curiosity is how much stock stores will have day one. I fully expect the online store to go live at the same time worldwide, which will be 7am here in the UK. If that happens, I'll wanna order one right away. If however my local store in Cardiff allows me to book a viewing appointment on the 10th and then lay claim to my exact model the same day to pick up come the 24th, I'd much rather do that.

I'll get in nice and early on the 10th, but I'm not so sure they'll actually have that many to sell on release day, and furthermore, whether ordering one in store during a viewing will even guarantee one when it goes on sale. Unless they order in the exact number that have preordered in store (hopefully what they'll do), or know exactly how many of each variation they're getting I can't see how that would happen.