Pre-Order at Apple Store on Via O2 (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twisted-pixel, Jun 10, 2010.

1. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

so,

what are peoples thoughts on where to pre-order to ensure they get their phone on the 24th

Should I pre-order through the apples store and arrange for delivery, or pick it up in person?

Or should I pre-order through O2 and do the same (delivery or pick up)?

who is likely to have more stock to ensure I get the phone?

2. Ingster macrumors 6502

Ingster

i'd go for delivery unless you want to queue at an apple store for hours, O2 stores you may have to queue at the big stores little ones may not have stock/limited stock.
    If you want your new shiny on launch day it'd be better to pre-order

3. twisted-pixel thread starter macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

thanks,

what I was actually getting at was where is the best place to pre-order Apple or my Provider?

I'm sure they can both deliver to me, just a case of who is likely to have more stock

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Depends if your in a contract looking to upgrade or a new iPhone user/payg customer.

Upgrade is either o2 store or via o2's website. (or other provider)

Payg or new iPhone customer is via the apple store.

Simples!

Best way to get it is online unless you like the apple twits dancing around you taking photos.

5. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I'm certainly hoping I'll be able to preorder a PAYG through Apple online, as I'm going away for 3 weeks on the 25th (coincidental, I'm not so sad as to organise trips around iPhone release), so I can't risk not getting one, as I've already sold my 3GS and am stuck on some crap Samsung from before the first iPhone.

6. iSimon macrumors regular

I would pre-order either via Apple, O2 or CPW depending on PAYG or contract and who is offering the best quidco cashback.

For the PAYG iPhone 3GS for example, you can get 4% of the ex VAT price at the Apple store (which is £15 or £18 depending on 16GB or 32GB), just £3.50 from O2 for PAYG, or £5 from CPW.

For contract you can't get that from the Apple website and O2 don't seem to be offering cashback for it either, but CPW will give you £70.