Pre-order Canceled Heartbreak.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ndrr13, Jun 27, 2009.

1. ndrr13 macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered a White 32GB 3G's On June 20th.

Waited

and

Waited

For conformation that it shipped. Woke up this morning to check again instead I got an e-mail that said " YOUR ATT ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELED....:(

Called att CS they where clueless...Called the store I pre-ordered from....Clueless. So being one never to give up I decided to go back to the store and Pre-Order again. (Called my local apple store they where no help either)

The rep at my local att store said he's never heard of anyone being cancelled...I said I have on MacRumors:D....My point is for all that have had there orders canceled by att....have you tried to order again and had any success?

Had the rep run my debit card as credit this time don't know it that makes a difference or not.

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

3. ndrr13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes..as of June 13 I am an att Customer

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

What would compel you to reorder through AT&T?

5. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I know I would go though Apple

6. Juarez7514 macrumors member

If you did a pre order with AT&T , then u would need to pay with a credit card. I had the same problem. I was using my bank card and the order was getting cancelled

7. ndrr13 thread starter macrumors newbie

What compelled me was....I can't do it through apple.

Ok let me clarify: I ordered a 16gb 3g on June 16 from att figured I would roll with that for a moment. My girls cousin comes through with the 3GS...I was like thats nice and being that this would be my 1st iPhone I told myself might as well get the 3gs.

So I hope on my bike and ride to my local att. Place the order on the 20th, money comes out that same day everything is kosher. After days of the phone still being "IN PROCESS"...I decide to take another ride to my local :apple: store Yesterdy, stand in line for 45 minutes only to be told...."WITHOUT A RECIEPT FROM THIS STORE YOU CAN'T RETURN IT HERE.

SIDE NOTE: I called att CS earlier that day and was told I could return it to any att or apple store.

So after having my dream crushed I ride back home cursing out att and the rep.

I wake up this morning and check the order status and it says canceled...I was like WTF!?!? Called att 1st was told "SINCE YOU ORDERED YOUR PHONE ON LINE YOU HAVE TO RETURN IT TO US 1ST THEN RE-ORDER.....I asked REP are you sure because I read some where in your policy I can return it to an att store....She puts me on hold...Comes back and says your right you can return it to an att store..I said cool, but wait, only to an att stor not an :apple: store....Her response: You can return it to either.

Called my local :apple: store same song and dance: WITHOUT A RECIEPT FROM THIS STORE YOU CAN'T RETURN IT HERE.

So that's why I decided to try again at the att store.

Sorry for the long post.

8. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Does the credit check occur after the order is placed? I thought it's an instant credit check--once they accept your order, then it means you passed the credit check. Is it not?

9. ndrr13 thread starter macrumors newbie

I believe it's before.

I was able to set up new service with out any problems.

10. ndrr13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not that it matters...But my second attempt at a 3gs worked. I recieved my tracking number today. Ordered on the 6/27 shipped 6/28. So I'll be grabbing it soon...maybe tomorrow from my local att store.

This will be my 1st iphone.

11. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I added a line to my account to get the 3gS, which i have 2 lines already and they still did a credit check.

12. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Why do people always leave the convoluted and highly relevant details out of their original posts like 85% of the time?