Pre-order deliveries will change.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Careful, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Careful macrumors newbie

The closer to the 24th the delivery dates will get better. It happens with a lot of Apple pre-orders in the states.

2. Munky macrumors 6502

Also, the sun will rise tomorrow around 7:30am for most people in the states.

3. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

4. andrewpturko, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015

andrewpturko macrumors regular

andrewpturko

Actually, it'd more likely be the further (i.e. June) deliveries that'll be impacted the best. The closer ranges are more accurate.

5. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Except there are currently no accurate ship dates, only date ranges.

6. Jsmil009 macrumors regular

Actually I think that there is a good chance of the early orders being bumped up. I have heard a lot of cancellation order emails being sent to people because they ordered more than 2 watches to the same household. Apparently the are researching Apple IDs, addresses, and Credit Card info to see if any line up for more than 2 watches. Some that even tried the 2 different IDs with 2 different cards are getting caught due to the same address and their orders were being cancelled or investigated. This bodes well for the rest of us. The Apple detectives are hard at work!

7. damant macrumors 6502

damant

I hope so .... But I was at the Apple Store and an employee told me the opposite because supply is v tight!

When are we getting the shipping tracking info ... !?

8. andrewpturko macrumors regular

andrewpturko

Date ranges, okay. I'd say the closer range of 2-4 weeks is more accurate than "June".

----------

They may be, not saying they won't. Although, it's more likely the later orders will be affected even greater.

9. Jsmil009, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015

Jsmil009 macrumors regular

The later orders have two things going to bump them up. Pushed up dates of previous orders and time for Apple to figure out the most efficient and quickest way to increase production. That is more difficult to do in a 2 week window from launch. Their best option in that case is to find orders placed over the quota and cancel them. This could be a lot of orders since many people added 2 plus due to not knowing what they wanted. In the end they are getting shafted because they don't get to choose which watch gets cancelled. Apparently they are targeting the earliest orders in many cases. I was reading a lot of angry posts about it. I mean the limit was 2 guys. You had to know this was a possibility.

10. mrcobra92 macrumors 6502