Pre-order Delivery Date UPDATE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LePigeonBleu, Jun 9, 2009.

1. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

Hey!

So for everyone wondering about the date that the iPhone 3GS will be delivered... Apple has emailed this statement:

"To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent iPhone 3G S purchase at the Apple Online Store.

Due to a technical error, we communicated an incorrect delivery date.

We want to assure you that your iPhone 3G S will deliver on June 19th. You can
    track the status of your order at <www.apple.com/orderstatus>.

We appreciate your business, and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    Apple Online Store Team

www.apple.com/store"

mark

2. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Confirmed. I just got the same email. Apple Store still says 24th delivery but we know this to be incorrect.

3. edge540 macrumors regular

edge540

Just got the same email. I knew they would deliver it on the 19th and its nice to see that they have updated it. Now I just need to wait by the door on friday like a little kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa! This FedEx guy will be my hero when he hands it to me!!! :-D

4. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Would someone PLEASE post a link to where you ordered your iPhone to be delivered to your house?

I've been wanting to do this since the announcement yesterday and all I've managed to find is where you 'pre-order' it for store pick-up. I don't want to do that because I work all day that day and would rather it be waiting for me at home.

I want to order for myself the 32gb 3GS and the $99 3G for my wife both to be delivered on the same day.

Is this possible?

kthnxbai

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

6. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

I just got the same email. Come on June 19th!

7. dbwie macrumors 6502

through AT&T

I just ordered through AT&T website. The 3Gs was not available on there for ordering until late this afternoon. As a govt employee, I got about $12 per month discount off the cheapest (450 min + unlimited data) plan. To get the discount on the plan, I had to enter my work email, and received a special link to the online store for govt employees. It is also supposed to be delivered on the 19th.

8. exhibit.b macrumors regular

You can only do single line activations online. So you will have to do two separate orders. If you try to do a family plan it will let you reserve it to pick it up in the store.

9. LePigeonBleu thread starter macrumors 6502

i'm on a family plan, and i was able to pre-order a phone easily.

m

10. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Thank you very much.

I'm going through the process again. As I type this I'm stuck refreshing the processing information screen, it's going to be a loooong night, but I'll stick it out.

;)

I wonder if after I order mine (due the 19th) if I can order my wife the $99 3G online for the same shipping date. I don't guess it matters. We just won't activate them until we both have them and are ready to make the full switch from T-Mobile.

Thanx again. :D

11. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

No problem here updating an EXISTING family plan with 2 phones on separate transactions via the Apple online store. However, you will have to do in-store for a NEW multi-phone plan.

12. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

13. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

Yay! I got mine. I'm happy now. :] And I also have 3.0 on my 3G. Life is good :)

14. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Same. I ordered two for our family plan that has 3 lines. I just need to figure out how I'm going to deal with activating the phones and switching them among the lines so that the right phone matches with the right line. Will it auto update the IMEI on ATT's site or am I going to have to call ATT?

15. murf'n'surf macrumors member

Does this mean that I paid $16 for next day delivery for nothing??

16. Tubink macrumors regular

Most likely. I paid for it hoping something is screwed up and I get sent the iPhone earlier in the week as I am away on the 19th.

17. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Thanks for all of your help.

I just ordered a White 32GB 3G S to be delivered on June 19th! WooHoo! :D

18. Spacekatgal macrumors regular

Spacekatgal

Hey everybody! This is my first post here!

My delivery, which I placed tonight, is saying that it will be here on the 16th. It says it's in the mail. I'm really looking forward to it.

Bri

19. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

I doubt it. Apple always has problems with their shipping reporting for pre-orders. Usually they end up being there when it's advertised (launch day).

20. GeekLawyer macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    Better double-check and make sure you didn't order the $99 iPhone 3G...

21. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

I wonder how big Apple's first shipment of 3GS' will be, whether or not EVERYONE that pre-orders one for delivery on the 19th will actually get it or not. I'm not too worried because I had mine ordered within the first 5 minutes the US store went live after the keynote, but it's just a thought.

22. John.B macrumors 601

John.B

I tried that from my corporate email address earlier today, but the link sent me to their corporate site with no 3G iPhones (only new and refurb 3G iPhones) and my "corporate discount" was the regular going rate.

So I went to the standard link and, lo and behold, they have the 3G iPhones for preorder.

I checked the corporate site again just a few minutes ago and got their site maintenance placeholder page instead. (The standard signup link is working fine.)

:eek:

23. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

It'd be cool if they sent them all out on Monday to arrive by Friday and you get yours on Tuesday. I wouldn't call that for nothing.

I think I've heard of people doing this before and Apple just charges you and excludes the shipping fee.

24. Noelmel macrumors regular

i have to work that friday. does anyone know do u have to be home to sign for the package. i read on apple.com some things require a signature (but would that be like just really expensive stuff like a computer)

25. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I got that email too, and I was relieved.

I hope it comes in the morning because I want to run down to my apple store and check out the lines... (see if there are any)

Also, to the above poster: it will be delivered signature required...