Pre-Order E-Mail Confermation

~Seb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
So I pre-ordered and it is taking some time for my e-mail confirmations, how long did yours take?

ktmracer350

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Got it instantly make sure that you got a confirmation at the very last step when you clicked "place my order" and it didn't just crash.

~Seb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
Dang it...and i didn't print the purchase either...

EIGHTYTHREE

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2012
So I pre-ordered and it is taking some time for my e-mail confirmations, how long did yours take?
You can log into website..select account and view "previous order" there it will show your order # etc, which is just as good.

ktmracer350

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Was your purchase confirmed when you clicked on the last step "place my order"? I know in the past like when the iphone 4 went on pre-order the site crashed and many people thought they had pre-ordered but, they hadn't received their e-mails and when they went to the apple store for pickup and tried to get in the pre-order line they were turned away.

~Seb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
I used a guest account instead of loging in... any suggestions?

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Mine arrived 8 minutes after I placed the order.

However I ordered mine the minute the Apple store re-opened. Flooded with orders, anyone who did not place theirs immediately is going to have a longer wait.

As long as your order went smoothly you have nothing to worry about. It will eventually arrive. Apple excels at excellent ordering processes.

pdawg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Have not gotten one yet, and I just pre-ordered mine about an hour ago. But when I check my account it shows that it is there and is being processed. I suppose it is ok.

John-F

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
If you used an iTunes account when ordering, you can always click on Account, then Track Orders, and see exactly what is in the system.

Laimbeersux

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2010
15 minutes, I did completed my order around 1:00 Pacific Time, so it was right in the middle of the crush this afternoon.

icydog

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2008
NJ
Strange. I never received a Pre-Order Email Confirmation. Should I be worried?
It took 30 minutes to place the order. The system kept crashing and I had to start over and over and over again. I finally got it ordered, and it's in my account, but I Never got an email confirmation. I am assuming the system is swamped and they will send it later.