Pre-order for full price through Apple Store App? or where?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orange42, Sep 11, 2014.

1. orange42 macrumors 6502a

I used the Apple Store App to get the 5 two years ago from what I remember with no problem, but this time I'm on the new 10gb family plan and don't want to pay monthly either for Next or "lease" the phone so I want to buy the iPhone 6 outright. It seems like the option to buy the phone at full price isn't available to pre-order using the app? Will it be available on Apple's site? My contract is up the 14th.

Those pre-ordering at full price, where do you plan on doing it from and what is the cost of a 64gb 6? I keep seeing different answers around.

2. uvmskier macrumors newbie

I'm in a similar boat. My company pays for my phone service and my data plan so it's to my advantage to do a contract and pay more per month for service in order to get a subsidized device. My wife's line would be $15 if we bring our own device. I don't want to use next even though it's free financing because then I lose the AMEX warranty. I think I'm going to have to take a chance without the warranty at pre-order or wait a month until I can buy an unlocked phone in an apple store.

----------

I think the reason you can't buy an unlocked phone right now is because people would buy a ton of them in the US to ship outside the US to countries where it hasn't launched yet.

3. inthecup macrumors regular

I wanted to buy full price also but that is not possible until 2 months down the road with ATT so I am purchasing at 3:00AM tomorrow through the apple app and signing up with ATT NEXT ... And I will pay for my phone in full in 2 months. My phone no contract.

4. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

If I do Next, I have the option to pay it off right away instead of monthly payments that go to our family plan? What is the price difference?

5. inthecup macrumors regular

You have that option in 2 months. With family share 10GB the per phone charge is reduced from $40/month to $15/month .... It's just the way to go now

6. duaneu macrumors 6502a

NEXT seems like the easiest option. Then just pay it off right away. No interest, no extra fees.

7. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's the plan we have too. Does doing Next and paying it in full after 2 months = the same price as buying it at full price without Next?

8. duaneu macrumors 6502a

Yes, you end up paying the same amount.

9. inthecup macrumors regular

Yup ... They charge you the sales tax up front ... So just pay off the balance and your free

----------

Yes and it's the only way on launch day !!! Through ATT anyway

10. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, so I guess I might as well just go with Next and hope I can pay it off with my own card rather than it get billed to the family account.