Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
How can you do a pre-order for pickup on the 11th in store? Leo mentioned this on the last ipad podcast. Does anyone know? I'm assuming it's not available yet?

Sorry if this was in another thread.

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
How can you do a pre-order for pickup on the 11th in store? Leo mentioned this on the last ipad podcast. Does anyone know? I'm assuming it's not available yet?

Sorry if this was in another thread.

No preorders this time around. first come forst serve.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Dang I was so ready to pre-order March 2nd when the store came back on line.

Now its off to ANOTHER Apple line for me.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Still conceivable that Apple would start in-store reservations next week ahead of the launch. IIRC they did not start the in-store reservations for the original iPad or iP4 immediately after the announcement either.

Honestly, if they are going to do an in-store only launch it's the only sane, civilized way to do it. I know people who waited in line for the iP4 and store reps refused to respond to questions regarding stock levels. They ended up waiting hours for nothing other than to put their name on a reservation list.

Prolif1k

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2009
Still conceivable that Apple would start in-store reservations next week ahead of the launch. IIRC they did not start the in-store reservations for the original iPad or iP4 immediately after the announcement either.

Honestly, if they are going to do an in-store only launch it's the only sane, civilized way to do it. I know people who waited in line for the iP4 and store reps refused to respond to questions regarding stock levels. They ended up waiting hours for nothing other than to put their name on a reservation list.

You're right that the preorders didn't open immediately for iPad 1 or iPhone 4, but the gap between their announcement and release date was much wider. The first iPad didn't come out until almost 3 months after it was announced. With there only being a week between announcement and launch of iPad 2, I would think the chances are slimmer that a pre-order would be announced between now and then. But who knows, anything could happen...

Davichi

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
I don't understand what is so difficult to understand. Apple wants lines. They just launched Verizon iPhone 4 and there weren't as many lines they expected. So, VZ launch looked like a failure. Apple allowed people to pre-order. Apple wants to guarantee that there will be lines. A lot of people have bought iPad, and apple wants to make sure that there are long lines that media will go like wow.

You won't get one on march 11 Th. unless you go outside and go to apple store, best buy or walmart. Simple as that.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I don't understand what is so difficult to understand. Apple wants lines. They just launched Verizon iPhone 4 and there weren't as many lines they expected. So, VZ launch looked like a failure. Apple allowed people to pre-order. Apple wants to guarantee that there will be lines. A lot of people have bought iPad, and apple wants to make sure that there are long lines that media will go like wow.

You won't get one on march 11 Th. unless you go outside and go to apple store, best buy or walmart. Simple as that.

The iPhone 4 had preorders and there were still big lines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.