Pre-order from apple -- eligible line issue...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VTAb182, Jun 15, 2010.

1. VTAb182 macrumors regular

My family's account with AT&T has 4 lines, and only 1 is eligible for upgrade. The phone number of that line in not my number. If I go to apple.com and pre-order an iphone 4, will I be able to enter the eligible line's number when it asks for the Phone Number, Zip Code, and Last 4 Digits of SSN, but use it on my phone number? Or can it only be used on the number used to order it at the lower price ($199 in my case)?

A couple more questiosn that some of you might be able to help with who have gotten iphones in the past:
    1) If I wait in line at AT&T on June 24 but don't get a phone, how long do you think it will be until I can get one that they order?

2) I know that if you wait at an apple store, all the reserved phones go first then if you don't have a reservations it's first come first serve. But is this the same for the AT&T stores? That is, if I wait in line early on June 24th at my local AT&T, will there be people who can just show up, walk in, and grab their phone whenever that day, or is it purely first come, first serve?

2. VTAb182 thread starter macrumors regular

Forgot to say that for the last question, the same question goes for Best Buy and Walmart, too