Pre order from Apple or AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1zach4, Oct 4, 2011.

1. 1zach4 macrumors regular

I'm finally leaving the world of blackberry, was really hoping for an iphone 5, but anything is an upgrade over my curve lol

Anyway, I plan on pre-ordering a 4S for my wife and one for myself, but I am not sure if it is easier to do it on Apple's website or on AT&T's website @ 3am EST on Friday

Anyone have some experience between the 2?

2. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Would like to know this.. can I preorder on apple and pick up in store?

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I tried both websites last year after midnight and both sites were slammed. Couldn't get through on either one. Ended up walking into an AT&T store in the morning and pre-ordered there. Got my phone 9am launch day from UPS.

4. rosemary1 macrumors regular

I haven't done the pre-order thing before - for my 3GS I just went to the mall after work. The AT&T store was sold out, but the Apple store still had all models in stock and I was in and out pretty quickly. Based on that experience I'll be buying from Apple.

5. benjamin9876 macrumors member

is that ATT starting pre order at midnight too? anyone confirm that?

6. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

It doesn't matter. The process will be the same for both, and will require the same account information.

The problem last year was that it was an AT&T system error that couldn't process all the requests. So even if you purchased through Apple, it would still have to go through AT&T's servers for line and account information, and would eventually not process.