Pre-order from Carphone Warehouse and o2 Online July 7th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pompey2000, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Pompey2000 macrumors member

Is this true? Or does anyone else have any information on the pre-ordering process of the Iphone 3g?

Many Thanks!

2. glanv macrumors regular

Hi Pompey2000

I assume you're from Portsmouth? If so, I am in Portsmouth too.

If you have a read around the forum there are a lot of posts regarding CPW reps saying iPhone 3G's can be pre-ordered and also O2 taking pre-orders. I myself went into the O2 store in Commercial Rd, got a credit check done and walked out with a piece of paper that said "iPhone 3G Pre-Order" at the top! However, as I understand it it is not possible to pre-order and it is on a first come first served basis - also one per customer.

Will you be buying on launch day? I have the day off work so that I can get there early and hopefully secure a black 16gb!

Cheers!

PS, are you a Pompey fan?

3. Pompey2000 thread starter macrumors member

Hey yea im a Pompey fan and I went into the Carphone Warehouse (Gunwharf) on friday and they said I could pre-order on Monday 7th July.

So do you think I should go there tomurrow and try? I'm not sure if they where totally clear on the pre-order process..

4. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

I would stick to O2 stores personally. Not heard good things about CPW at all. Or, on a thread similar to this, it states the O2 sales line is already stating iPhone is available to preorder online. So this may be an option tomorrow.

5. glanv macrumors regular

Cool, nice to hear from someone else from Portsmouth! Crouchy on his way eh? :confused:

It is certainly worth trying CPW tomorrow. If you don't have work and have the spare time, why not?

I personally am going to buy direct from O2 as heard a few bad things about CPW. Cutting out the middle man just makes it easier.

If you do go down, let me know how you get on. Also, try and find out what info they are aware of:

All models available?
    Time of opening?
    etc....

Cheers!

6. Pompey2000 thread starter macrumors member

Yea I expect they will update this on the site tomurrow and just getting the phones redady to state that pre-ordering is avaliable online.

By the way, is it true that with the 35 pound a month contract I will be eligible for a 02 Bolt On?

7. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I believe the bolt-on they are referring to is the 'Unlimited Web/Wifi' one.

I also believe you are able to swap this out for text or minutes bolt-ons.

R-Fly

8. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

I presume you mean the free bolt-on? Which unfortunately, is not allowed with the iPhone. You can add bolt-ons, but they will cost the normal price.