Pre Order Funds

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SexyBeast, Jun 12, 2010.

1. SexyBeast macrumors regular

So here's the deal. I have a military bank that only accepts deposits through the mail. I found out yesterday that my account has approximately $311 in it which is short of the total cost of a 32GB iPhone 4 with tax. I have a lot of money in cash on me along with a lot of checks that I need to deposit which again, I have to do through the mail. However, those deposits won't get into my account before the 15th, but will be there in plenty of time before the 24th. My question is that when you pre order, does Apple do a temporary hold of the entire amount or does it just do like a $1 hold and then charge the full amount when the item ships? I hope I was clear enough. Thanks.

2. CJayC macrumors 6502

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

Because it's so much easier to come onto a forum and post all your closest personal information. Hook me up with an account number and I'll deposit your money for you!

4. SexyBeast thread starter macrumors regular

Why do people have to be such jack asses? It's easier to ask in a forum then to call techincal support. Most likely someone else has ran into the same issue.

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Really? :confused: ;)

6. Arcanezxz macrumors newbie

Why don't you have Direct Deposit? How does that even work, with having to move every 3 years or so, and hoping they don't screw up your pay? Why make life so difficult? Ahhhgggg!!!:mad:

7. SexyBeast thread starter macrumors regular

5 replies and no one has even attempted to help answer the question. Thanks anyway.

8. christyn macrumors 6502a

Yes they put a temp hold on the 15th for the entire amount, thus the cash will need to be in the account then.

9. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

For future reference...USAA will accept check deposits via email as well. You just need to meet certain requirements.

10. CJayC macrumors 6502

But that's okay because it was an easy experience, right?

11. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I think it depends on the bank. My iPad pre-order had no hold put on funds at all, just the $1 authorization to make sure the card was valid. Two friends, however, had a hold for the full amount placed on their account for a few days. All if us had different banks. I've never had the full amount held on Apple purchases with my bank.

12. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

that military bank that you speak of has this cool iphone app where you can take a pic of the checks and have them deposited into your account.

13. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

Just a thought can you go to a Apple store and buy a gift card for the full amount and use that instead. Not sure if this works but a quick way to get funds into some account right away. I would check with Apple and see if you can purchase with a gift card . I believe you can.

I agree someone should have given you some reasonable answer than questioning you.