Pre-order home delivery questions...signature?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DJinTX, Oct 6, 2011.

1. DJinTX macrumors 6502

So if I get my pre-order in and choose to have it shipped to my home, will I need to physically be there to sign for it? I mean they won't just leave it on my doorstep or with a neighbor, right? And if not, then it seems home delivery would only work for those who work from home, or those who take a sick day.

Am I missing anything here? Thoughts? Advice from the veterans out there?

2. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

Hopefully it'll be available for in-store pickup instead.

3. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

You will need to do one of 2 things. have someone be there to sign for it or print out the signature waiver form sign it and tape it to your door. The second one has always made me nervous even tho nothing has been stolen off my porch thats been left there however waiving protection and then it getting stolen makes me nervous. Luckily for me if its fedex the pickup location is only a 15 minute drive.

4. TLewis macrumors 65816

In general, a signature from a person at the residence is required. However, you have been able to pre-sign for (some? many?) Apple packages in the past. If you're lucky, Apple might allow you to pre-sign for the 4S (there should be a link in the shipment notification if pre-signing is allowed).

5. DJinTX thread starter macrumors 6502

The hard part for me is we leave Thursday night to go out of town for a wedding, and so anything left at the door will be there all weekend. It looks like we will have to wait and order so that it comes after the launch window. Damn, this sucks. I would have it delivered to work, but people have had things go missing before, so not interested in that.

6. jmb667 macrumors regular

jmb667

See if you can have it held at your local FedEx location, I've done that with other Apple orders