Pre-order in US without US credit card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheCakeIsALie, Sep 7, 2016.

1. TheCakeIsALie macrumors regular

Is it possible to pre-order the iPhone 7 on Friday in the US without a US credit card? I currently live in the US but do not have a US issued credit card. Thinking of going the prepaid Visa route, anyone has experience with this? Thanks.

2. RedOrchestra Suspended

3. TheCakeIsALie thread starter macrumors regular

I do have a US based apple ID, but no credit card that uses US billing address. also I don't have any info for the US carriers, since SIM free versions wont be available in the US right away

4. notasdesamuel macrumors newbie

notasdesamuel

Yes is possible, no problem, even with a no US based Apple ID
    --- Post Merged, Sep 7, 2016 ---
    I don't know this year, but T-mobile is always unlocked

5. RedOrchestra Suspended

How do you do that?

6. TheCakeIsALie thread starter macrumors regular

whats the process? I changed the region of my ios apple store app to US and seems like i can go through ordering a 6S at least. but I can only choose the SIM free version, as choosing AT&T prompts me for AT&T info. SIM free version of iphone 7 wont launch right away AFAIK so seems like it'll be impossible to preorder in the US for me

7. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Ive bought several times directly from the apple store US, im in the caribbean.

I use the same shipping as billing and only had problems 2 times and one was that i had to contact the bank to allow the transaction to go through, the other occasion i had a problem was that apple was unable to verify the details and requested for me to call.

So just keep and eye on your email and phone.

8. RedOrchestra Suspended

Actually I think you're hooped buying through Apple UNTIL they start offering the sim-free versions.