Pre-Order iP6 Using Gift Cards and CC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CKtoph, Sep 10, 2014.

1. CKtoph macrumors 6502

Nov 22, 2007
    Has anyone ever pre-ordered the iPhone in the past or know if you can pre-order online with a combination of gift cards and CC?
  2. maflynn Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
  3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Dec 19, 2007
  4. CKtoph thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 22, 2007
    Thanks. Quick follow-up: could I pre-order the iP6+, bring my iP5 in to the store next week for a trade-in gift card, and get that gift card applied to my pre-order purchase from 9/12?
  5. sobucky macrumors 6502

Oct 12, 2011
    I tried to buy a apple store gift card online to use it as a purchase for the 6 but every time I order the gift card order gets cancel lol fail..
  6. trophynuts macrumors member

May 25, 2011
    i am doing the same. I was able to get one purchased and already got it via email. I tried to get another one and now it is saying my cc isn't verified, when I try and re authorize it it still says it can't. So I am wondering if Apple is already having issues with a lot of people doing this. I'm going to try a while longer and if I have to I will just cancel the order and use the one that was able to get in addition to my CC.
  7. pooleman Suspended

Jan 11, 2012
    Eastern CT
    Will there be an issue using my Paypal MasterCard debit card for the preorder? Or should I with draw the money from my paypal account, deposit it into my bank account, and then pay with my bank card or CC?
  8. Nde macrumors 6502a

Feb 12, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Amex all the way. 90 days against theft. If phone is stolen, open a police report, call Amex. Full refund. Done.

I have personally done this myself. I mean got my new phone stolen.