Pre-order iPhone 6 and switch over to AT&T NEXT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LouE37, Sep 9, 2014.

1. LouE37 macrumors member

Planning on pre-ordering the new iPhone on Friday. Any idea how this will work for someone coming from a 2yr contract and looking to move over to a Att NEXT plan? I wouldnt need to pay upfront for phone if i'm technically leasing it via installments on NEXT.

2. Ashtar macrumors regular

You will just have to pay the tax on the phone...roughly $45-55.

3. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

But how to pre order with next? Att will put up or page to do that or can you do that with apple?

4. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Might want to add that the ATT Next plan is only worth it if you have a mobile data share plan. Not really cost effective in the long run if it's just for one personal line.

----------

5. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

I did a test run on the apple site. Looks like Apple can handle all of it on their site.

6. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I have a mobile data share plan and so you're saying this be may more cost effective than selling annually on eBay?

Great news!

7. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I am on a family share plan. I will pre-order a 128GB 4.7" and sell my 5s locally. Then I will apply the amount received to the Next balance to pay it off quicker.:D

8. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Yea, I was thinking the same exact thing :D Just wondering how cost effective this will be the following year when it's time to upgrade to the iPhone 6s.

9. LouE37 thread starter macrumors member

Perfect, thx. I was wondering how the billing would work when you pre-order if you switch to a Next plan where your only obligation is tax and the monthly installment charge, and obv my mobile share plan charge.

Thinking 5.5 64GB

10. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

I may be one of the few where ATT next benefits me while keeping my unlimited data plan. I have a family share and we split the price of the minutes by usage and I generally use 0 minutes every month so I end up just paying about 36 bucks a month :D

11. raeram macrumors member

i ordered mine through the apple store app. they will give you and option if you want the 2 year contracted price or do the 12month or 18month payment plan. all you have to pay upfront are the taxes.