Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

007 Junior

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
The Netherlands
I would like to pre-order the iPhone 6s for in-store pick up. But when I tried to finish my reservstion but I needed to choose a time slot on Friday.

The problem is, I want to pick up the iPhone on Saturday. Is it even possible to pre-order an iPhone for pick up on Saturday? If so, how do I do that?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I believe they'll hold it for 24 hours. To be sure, just call the store and tell them you can't make it Friday but will be there the next day.

007 Junior

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
The Netherlands
I believe they'll hold it for 24 hours. To be sure, just call the store and tell them you can't make it Friday but will be there the next day.
Haven't been able to check this today and I want to order tonight before it's gone. Can anyone please confirm??

bugelrex

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
Let us know... most folks cannot take a day off work just to line up waiting for the reservation

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I read somewhere that they only hold for certain amount of hours before it releases to someone else.

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
I hope they can do something. I work for a carrier and I haven't worked an iPhone launch yet. The Apple Store is in the same mall as me but my reservation is at 8am and my store opens at 8am so yeah I'm in a pickle |:

007 Junior

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
The Netherlands
I spoke to an employee from the Apple Store in Düsseldorf over the phone and he confirmed that it's only possible to make a reservation for pick up on Friday and only within a specific timeslot. Collecting it on Saturday is tricky, as you can not reserve one, so I'm not taking the shot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.