Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thimplicity

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
Hi everyone,
My spouse uses Cricket as her carrier and Cricketh belongs to AT&T. So my idea was to pre-order the iPhone X with AT&T, but I read in the respective pre order thread, that you would need an AT&T account.

Is there any other way to preorder the phone, so that it works with her card and does not require an account with the respective carrier?

Thanks a lot in advance

patricem

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2005
Hi everyone,
My spouse uses Cricket as her carrier and Cricketh belongs to AT&T. So my idea was to pre-order the iPhone X with AT&T, but I read in the respective pre order thread, that you would need an AT&T account.

Is there any other way to preorder the phone, so that it works with her card and does not require an account with the respective carrier?

Thanks a lot in advance
T-mobile phone. Works on all GSM carriers.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Apple.com. Order the T-Mobile model. No account needed. It's the same phone as the AT&T model. That's the only way.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
As others have stated, in this case get the T-mobile model as it's the same exact model as AT&T. And T-mobile doesn't require you to input any of your carrier account info when you order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.