iPhone XR Pre-order on 10/19 or wait for Black Friday deals?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by icemantx, Oct 16, 2018.

1. icemantx macrumors regular

My wife and I will be upgrading from our iPhone 7 models to the 128gb XR in red (me) and yellow (wife). Since we are getting close to Black Friday and Walmart and Target in particular typically offer $250-300 gift cards for new iPhone purchases, is it worth waiting this year?

The biggest unknown for me in determining if the potential sales are worth holding off for is not so much will there be a deal on BF, but will the the models we are looking for be hard or easy to find on BF.

Are any of you holding off on getting the XR until BF?

2. Caspavio macrumors regular

Caspavio

unless you urgently need to upgrade your phones, otherwise there is no harm holding off the upgrade. at most you get a lousy BF deal

3. jtrue28 macrumors 6502a

jtrue28

4. icemantx thread starter macrumors regular

I was not referring to the Apple store discounting their phones. However, other third parties such as Best Buy, Walmart and Target do offer promotions when buying mobile phones on BF.

5. jtrue28 macrumors 6502a

jtrue28

6. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

I don't think you'll die or anything waiting for Black Friday. So I would do that.

None of us will be able to tell you for sure.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Where did The OP say anything about ‘Apple’ offering Black Friday discounts in their post, they referred to third-party retailers, which undoubtedly there will be some form of discounts, rather it be a gift card incentive or store discount, something will arise.