Pre-Order On Contract? (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iD4V3, Jun 15, 2010.

1. iD4V3 macrumors member

iD4V3

Hey Guys,

I wanted to Pre-Order Today, Apples site seem to be only doing PAY&GO/SimFree

Does anyone have any idea when we do it via contract (O2)

many thanks.

2. donbenjy macrumors 6502

Apparently there will be no contract preorders for the UK :mad: Certainly not from O2...

Probably safest to reserve a pickup from the Apple Store for the 24th, and then you can cancel it if preorders become available! But this way you'll be assured that you can get one on the 24th. This whole thing is so complicated. Why can't the networks just be transparent and give us their pricing now?!

3. iD4V3 thread starter macrumors member

iD4V3

I must Be missing something, i am only able to take it at £499 and £599??

4. donbenjy macrumors 6502

5. iD4V3 thread starter macrumors member

iD4V3

I must say im disappointed in the uk networks support behind this, orange havent even announced anything yet!!

6. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

I agree. It's not fair that we are Pre-Ordering products without a clear picture of whats best for us in Terms or PAYG or PAYM, or SIM Free options as the carriers are keeping schtum.

I think in future, Apple should let up on the secrecy thing a bit earlier.
    By this I mean that any partner networks should be forced to have their pricing details online and available for customers to see no less than 7 days before Pre-Orders begin. This way we are able to make better informed decisions, and we're not all going through every page on Apple.com trying to find information, increasing traffic and causing problems like we've seen today.

Obviously if there are any latecomers to the party and they are within the 7 days, they should not announce ANYTHING until they have the pricing details ready.

I do find it odd as well that out of O2, Orange, Vodafone, T-Mobile, Three, Tesco & Virgin that ONLY two (O2 and Orange) will be selling the iPhone on PAYG.

7. iD4V3 thread starter macrumors member

iD4V3

Thanks donbenjy,

I tried to select my store, Victoria Square In Belfast, (yes im from Northern Ireland haha) but i select it, and hit next, and it just says in red writing, please select a store, :(

8. donbenjy macrumors 6502

I think that because the other networks are still in the "coming soon" phase, Apple can't offer their PAYG plans on the site. I think its a networks decision, rather than Apple's.

9. iD4V3 thread starter macrumors member

iD4V3

I think i managed to reserve mine for instore pick up!

store seems to be completely down now, but i just got my E-mail so it all good!

when you pick your store, itll ask if u want pay monthly or Pay and go,