Pre-order or wait to buy in store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Random87, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Random87 macrumors member

I am in the market for a 64GB, Rose Gold iPhone 6S Plus and I will be upgrading from an iPhone 5. I am very excited to finally upgrade because I have always wanted a big screen phone but I don't like Android so I have patiently waited for Apple to release a compelling enough big screen phone.

I want a contract free global phone as I will be travelling to Asia in December and 2 different Apple Reps have confirmed that the contract free T-Mobile phone is a global phone and will also work with my current Metro PCS plan.

I have never pre-ordered an iPhone before and the current shipping dates are 3-4 weeks and I am hesitant to pre-order because I don't want a phone with any defects, however, I am afraid that there will be no iPhones in stock at Apple stores even during the second week of October (which is when I definetly want my phone because I cannot wait anymore!)

So, should I pre-order or wait to buy in store? Will one option be slightly cheaper (as in less tax) and do I have to take the day off from work when the iPhone is supposed to be delivered?

Also, what are the chances that the first batch of iPhones will have issues as I have read articles that early adopters always have issues with their tech?

2. Dendimon macrumors newbie

Well, today is the 19, you'll probably get it mid October like others, pre-order is only good right when it's online. Rose Gold is the most popular color, you better go line up at Apple right now lol

3. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

I am going to wait and see some reviews and buy it like on november.

4. sterl320 macrumors 6502