Pre-Order Question AT&T - 9/12 Date Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neumanngroup, Sep 9, 2015.

1. neumanngroup macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone may have an answer on this.

My 2-year agreement ends on 9/20. I have an iPhone 5s.

If I pre-order on 9/12, will I be subject to an Early Termination Fee (ETF)? Or will the order date be 9/25 when the phone arrives and therefore not subject to an ETF?

Thanks!

2. Cowboy1629 macrumors regular

Cowboy1629

Have you looked at your upgrade eligibility date lately? Most everyone that was due for the full upgrade in September were bumped up to 9/1. Mine was originally 9/21 but shows I'm eligible now.

3. d0minick macrumors 6502

I have a family member up on the 21st. ATT is already allowing their upgrade. BUT, i really recommend getting out of a "contract".

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

You're throwing out blind advice without even knowing the OP's situation. For some people, a subsidized 2-yr contract makes sense.

5. neumanngroup thread starter macrumors newbie

I was able to confirm with AT&T that we can upgrade without ETF. I prefer going to T-Mobile, but my spouses employer has an amazing deal with the monthly service plans that we need to consider. We will be going with AT&T Next or Apple Upgrade.

Thanks for the input!!

6. croooow macrumors 65816

croooow

You already have your answer but I thought I would add this:

You should think of the contract end date and upgrade eligibility as different things. AT&T (and I think the other carriers that still have 2 year contracts) will let you upgrade before your contract ends, this way they can get another 2 year contract in place, even if they lose a few days/weeks on the last one.

They will let you start a new 2 year contract with them before 9/20 but if you asked AT&T if you could go with Verizon on 9/12 without ETF, you would get a different answer.