Pre Order Question Upgrade Eligibility

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SeanZy, Oct 5, 2011.

1. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

So I am going to return the galaxy sii today so I can reset my contract back to eligible.

I had every iPhone launch day, but never had preordered it.

My question is does the line I want to upgrade need to be eligible
    for upgrade at time of preorder?

I would rather have the galaxy to use for the next week or so, but I will return it if needed.

2. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

Once you return the Galaxy S2 (do it today!) your upgrade needs to be back where it belongs by Thursday 11:00pm. That away at 12:01 you can preorder. It is just like buying the phone online.

Thomas

3. SeanZy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought no money.was payed at time of preorder?

Theoretically I couldn't preorder it at early upgrade price and when I picked it up it would show up as eligible and I'd pay 200?

Or do you pay when you preorder

4. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

They put a credit authorization on your credit card. Then when it's delivered safe and sound they remove the credit hold and take their money.

Thomas

----------

Oh and make sure when you return it they tell you your upgrade status won't take forever to change. That away you pay the $199 price. If not early upgrade price is $199 + $250 + $18 upgrade fee.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The credit for return could take any where from a day to a week to hit your account. Much depends on your issuing bank for the credit card.