Pre Order Question (With Debit Card not Credit Card)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SeanZy, Oct 6, 2011.

1. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Okay, so I got my eligibility back up to current (thank god) after returning the galaxy SII.

So now my current concern is how do preorders work with debit cards.

Do I need to have the full amount of the phone on my card? Are they really going to hold 260 dollars?

Or will they just put a small charge to see that it is there, and then I can pay fully when I pick the phone up in store.

I dont have the full phone amount on my debit card right now, so im a bit worried.

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

you dont pick up the phone at the store...its shipped to your house.

3. SeanZy thread starter macrumors 6502a

There is a pick up in store option... hundreds of people were in lines for iphones at the apple store who had a reservation last year...

4. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

heard they arent doing rez this year. i know this, i was one of them...wish i could do the same.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Ordering online requires the full amount of the iPhone plus tax, whether you are using debit/Visa/MC or credit card. I think they gave you the option to ship to your residence or pickup at an Apple Store nearest you....:cool:

6. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

It will validate the full amount, hold, then deduct from acct when shipped.. it's how most company do it. I heard apple does the same.:)

7. SeanZy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I find it hard to believe that for the iphone 4, for those who picked up the phone, they held over 200 dollars frozen on your card. In line last year, they said they didnt charge anything for the in store preorders.

If they arent doing them in store this year, thats a different story and that sucks.

8. Davewithak macrumors regular

I called earlier and an Apple rep told me that no charges will be put on my debit card until the actual phone ships.