Pre-order question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chadf652, Oct 8, 2011.

1. chadf652 macrumors newbie

My wife and I went into the AT&T store yesterday Friday October 7th and got to walk right up to the counter and order the iPhone 4s right away. This is the first time we ever pre ordered an iPhone, we currently have the 3GS. We're order number 68 how likely is it we'll get the iPhone next Friday? Will we have to wait in a long line since it's already pre ordered or does it usually go pretty quick? Is there a certain number of iPhones the stores get for their pre orders? Thanks!

2. 2010RS macrumors 6502

This would have been a great question to ask the store, since they might have a better idea of their stock allocation than a bunch of random people on an internet message board. Just sayin.

3. chadf652 thread starter macrumors newbie

I probably would've if I thought of the question while I was there, I didn't even know the order number was 68 till my wife told me today. I didn't know if apple ever releases how many iPhones they ship to each store roughly. With the news releasing information like AT&T had 200,000 iPhones pre-ordered within the first 12hrs, you never really know what kind of information is released and the general public know.

4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

If you want the best experience buy from apple. They treat all their partners differently than their own stores.