pre order question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neupane00, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neupane00 macrumors member

hey how does apple pre order work? if i preorder iphone tomorrow, will it get shipped on 24? and get after 7 days (shipping transit). or will they ship earlier so i get it on 24 (or close to 24th). has anyone done pre order shipping before. If it takes few days AFTER 24th, id rather go to store.

2. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Please search before asking as this has been answered and may even be in one of the guides on here.

3. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND. THANK YOU.

4. orange42 macrumors 6502a

Does it really take that much longer to say you will receive the phone on the 24th from Apple than it does to say something dumb like "search this has been here a million times blah blah." People are very impatient.

You will receive the phone on the 24th from Apple and maybe 25th if ordered from AT&T I believe.

5. bmms8 macrumors 68020

6. bhimpele macrumors member

I would imagine that you could probably "search" and find the answer to every single question being asked here. Isnt the point of this is site to allow people to just ask questions and make comments. I never understood why people get so upset when someone asks something that is answered somewhere else. Its not like they parked in your driveway. Get over it and move on!

7. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Apparently you don't search either. If you had you would know that if ordered via AT&T or apple for home delivery it will arrive on the 24th not the 25th with the exclusion of courier delays.

I have already read literally 12 posts with the same questions ALL answered and on the first page of the forum not even going to the second page. So please save me the, "I shouldn't be saying that" when in fact many people search first then ask.

8. uniform5 macrumors member

Preordering from APPLE

Your best bet is to go onto the APPLE site tonight after twelve midnight and preorder your phone (if APPLE has initiated their preordering option at that time). All I can tell you is I ordered my iPhone 3GS as well as my iPad and they both came by FEDEX on their respective launch dates as stated by APPLE. I would definitely not bank on the phone getting to you BEFORE the launch date. Thats not happening. APPLE'S date is firm, 24 June. So the answer is, yes, you will receive your new iPhone on the launch date, 24 June 2010, not one day sooner. I wouldn't worry about it. It will get to you with no problem. Hope this helps.

joe b.

9. Barbs macrumors 6502

Just to add a little more detail to clear up any confusion some may have. AT&T preorders for in store pickup will be available on the 25th.

10. orange42 macrumors 6502a

No, because I don't need to because it wasn't my question, but yes I read some people saying AT&T might come the day after. No need to try to be a wiseass.

11. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Not being a wiseass, just ironic how you condone someone not searching yet give incorrect information because you hadn't searched either.
    If BOTH of you wouldve searched then both of you would have had the answers to your question & not posted incorrect information.

12. LarzStarz macrumors member

Heaven forbid we disturb your precious forum with questions around the iPhone release. We certainly wouldn't want to take away from the other quality conversations like "Why I think the iPhone 4 doesn't cut it" or "Should I get a white or black iPhone 4?" or "I'm done with Apple and switching to Android" or "Anyone else notice an increase in flights from China? Must be the iPhone shipments". #getalife

13. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

People need to learn some netiquette sometime. Now seems like as good a time as any to teach them.

You miss the point entirely. The questions being asked are repeatedly being asked 20x a day. Any other decent questions being asked in the forum are being lost in the storm of the same 3-4 questions being asked over and over and over.

14. LarzStarz macrumors member

When does the pre-sale start tomorrow?

15. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Fortunately I don't start threads like that.
    Like I stated before if the person wouldve searched they wouldve provided correct information, not wrong information.

16. LarzStarz macrumors member

And you're part of the self-appointed forum police on repeated questions? Thank goodness you're here to save us.

17. orange42 macrumors 6502a

How bout you look at the person who posted right before me at what he said...
    Clearly I'm not the only one to pull the 25th out of my ass. **** off.

18. adm531 macrumors member

well said

19. JDee macrumors 6502a

Jesus Christ - cheer up everyone.

Anyway you will do it via AT&T you will receive it on release day. Calm the hell down.

20. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

The question has been asked and answered, and since there are a lot of off-topic posts here due to this topic being discussed elsewhere, I'm closing the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.