Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toddsimon

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2014
What time on the 12th can I pre-order? Is it best to use the app on my iphone 5 or safari on my MB air? I don't want to not be able to get through.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
What time on the 12th can I pre-order? Is it best to use the app on my iphone 5 or safari on my MB air? I don't want to not be able to get through.

Historically, the app has always worked the best. Pre-orders will most likely start at 12AM Pacific time.

UneElle

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Is the APP that's best for preordering the iPhone the Apple Store APP or is there a specific APP for preordering/ordering? Thanks!

FazZa-3

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
UK
Yeah, the app is probably the best way. I tried to pre-order the 5 and apples website had completely crashed but the app worked fine and got my order through without any problems. :D

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
I used the Apple website to order my 5s on launch. Received it a few days later. But I recall using the app for reserving my 4 after the Apple website was experiencing issues. Might try the app to pre-order this time.

Just to be sure, both the 6 and 6 Plus will be available to pre-order on the 12th? I'm planning on pre-ordering the 6 Plus.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
I'm going to be trying it 3 diff't ways.

App, Apple.com on my Macbook, and via AT&T Premier over the phone. Whichever one comes first. I need to pre-order two phones.

sobucky

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
I checked the Apple store app and I don't see the tmobile versions there, but it shows on the webpage... Weird

bdot

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
Hopefully someone can answer this.

If I preorder from the app, will I be able to keep my grandfathered unlimited plan?

Thanks in advance.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Was the 5S preorder too? I ordered it at midnight last year too, but if my memory serves me right, it was not. I ordered through Verizon website and it went very smoothly. Wonder if this time around they will sell at full price initially and with contract upgrade, or will only sell with a contract upgrade initially.

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX

If I preorder from the app, will I be able to keep my grandfathered unlimited plan?

Thanks in advance.

I've read mixed posts on this (I'm assuming you have Verizon). Most have said that Apple won't sell you the device via the website or app at retail, and that if you have a line eligible for an upgrade it will make you use that instead. I've never ordered from Apple, and intend to order from Verizon as I did for the 5 and the 5S with little to no problem (I'm just not sure if Verizon is delivering on the 19th, or SHIPPING on the 19th since they don't know, whereas Apple will supposedly have theirs in your hand on the 19th).

----------

Was the 5S preorder too? I ordered it at midnight last year too, but if my memory serves me right, it was not. I ordered through Verizon website and it went very smoothly. Wonder if this time around they will sell at full price initially and with contract upgrade, or will only sell with a contract upgrade initially.

Don't believe the 5S had pre-order, if it did, I dunno why I stood in line at the Verizon store.. lol :/ I was able to order my 5 (those were pre-order if I recall) and pay retail with no issue, so I'd be inclined to think the same would apply this time around -- unless they decide to create some new rule that bars unlimited data customers from getting the 6.

plastictrees

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008

Thanks in advance.

Last time there was an option to not make any changes to your account but no one will know until that time comes unless AT&T comes out and says we can.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.