Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RKilbane20

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I want to preorder the 3GS from ATT or Apple. If I preorder from apple will i get the phone on June 19th or will it ship on that date. If i preorder from ATT do I have to pay in cash that day because I don't get paid until this friday and does it guarantee me the phone in stores on june 19th.

and one more, if I dont preorder will apple and ATT both have enough iPhones for people who dont?

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
I want to preorder the 3GS from ATT or Apple. If I preorder from apple will i get the phone on June 19th or will it ship on that date. If i preorder from ATT do I have to pay in cash that day because I don't get paid until this friday and does it guarantee me the phone in stores on june 19th.

and one more, if I dont preorder will apple and ATT both have enough iPhones for people who dont?

I can only speak for preordering through Apple. I believe by law, they cannot charge you until they ship. However you do need to leave them with credit card information. Also, the phone will arrive on the June 19th. Just select the free shipping method (even though it says 5 days), it will arrive on the 19th. As far as not preordering and being able to show up on release day, who knows? My guess is they won't sell out at every store, but they will at some. I'd rather sit at home and let it get delivered then wait in any line, even if its for 15 minutes.

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I pre-ordered through Apple last night, they charged my card the $422.89 right away.

From past experiences with Apple they charge the card, then reverse it a day or so later and charge again once the item ships.

Whether or not they'll do it with this, I couldn't say for certain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.