Pre-order/reserve Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nick A, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Nick A macrumors regular

I want to pick up the iPhone 4 on the day of the release at my local At&t store. When it comes available to pre-order, can I do it on Apple's site and get it reserved at the At&t store?

2. Nick A thread starter macrumors regular

So what's my best bet here?

3. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

reserve it from apple and pick it up at apple. if you pre-order for att you will not be able to pick it up until the 25th. best bet in my opinion is to pre-order and have it shipped to your house from either apple or att

4. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Pre-order from Apple Online Store. You'll get it on the 24th.

5. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Pre-order. They deliver on the day of release.

6. Nick A thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks, this has probably been asked a million times, but is it guaranteed delivery on the 24th?

7. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

pretty much guaranteed. just make sure you pre order right on the 15th. the earlier the better

8. Nick A thread starter macrumors regular

9. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I would make a safe bet on it. When I pre-ordered the 3GS from Apple last year, FedEx was at my door step at 9 am in the morning, probably even before an at&t or Apple retail store was even open. It was excellent shipping speed.

No problem, have fun!

10. koopa35 macrumors 6502

pre-order from apple

I use a master card but its a debit card will i be able to pre order from apple with that type of card?

11. Krayd2k macrumors member

Yes

12. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Sorry you got it so late in the day. Last year, Apple and AT&T stores opened at 7 AM in each US timezone. :eek:

Just for refernce my iPhone 3GS arrived via UPS on Launch day, June 19, 2009.

Dave

13. outphase macrumors 65816

AT&T will have them in-store on the 25th if you ordered it to be shipped to the store. See your local store if they allow you to preorder in-store for launch pickup.

14. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I had thought about preordering and having it shipped to the youse instead of dealing with the lines, but my AT&T billing address and credit card billing address is my po box. I live in a small town and we don't have mail delivery so we have to have a po box. Any ideas as to if I'll have a problem having it shipped to my physical address since it doesn't match my card address? Just to make sure I'm on the same page, if you preorder to have it delivered to your house they will charge your card when it ships and if I preorder for apple store pickup, I can just pay for it when I pick it up?

One more thing, my sister has an iPhone on my account and is listed as authorized user for that account. If she decides to upgrade will it be necessary for my to be there? I know she calls AT&T all the time and gets extensions and she just gives them my last 4 of social but they talk to her knowing who she is. She lives about 200 miles from me so just trying to get some idea as to if I'll have to make that drive. Anyone dealt with this before?

15. dave006 Contributor

dave006

If you pre-order you make payment arrangements at the time of the pre-order. Your credit card is charged when the iPhone 4 is ready to ship.

If you do an Apple Reserve for in-store pickup, then you pay when you pickup the iPhone 4.

Your sister is good to go for an AT&T store if she is a Retail Authorized user. The official Apple policy states the Account holder needs to be present, but the enforcement varies by store. So if she is chosing Apple, have her call to verify the local store policy.

Dave

16. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

People need to understand that there will in fact be some who do NOT get it the day it is released if ordered online. Apple does not guarantee that you will get it the day of release.

Anyone remember the 3GS release here? There were numerous posters threatening lawsuits b/c they hadn't gotten it just a few hours into the day of release.