Pre-order Ship Date for Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wakerider017, Oct 16, 2007.

1. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

What is going to be happening with Leopard?

Will we receive it on the 26th or will it ship on the 26th?

(When my little sister ordered the last Harry Potter book on Amazon it was delivered on the day of the release, so obviously it was shiiped before it was actually released.)

Just curious if I am going to have to wait while all you other guys that got it at the store are showing off...

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

when i pre-ordered tiger, it arrived the day it was released. unfortunately, i wasn't in to sign for the package, so i had to pick it up from fed-ex the following morning. if leopard's release is anything like my tiger experience, we should be getting them the day it's released.

further, if i remember correctly, i think people who pre-ordered panther actually got theirs before the actual release date, though only by a day or two.

3. wakerider017 thread starter macrumors 68000

wakerider017

I think you can go to Fedex and fill out a form that says it is okay to leave packages at the door with out signature. (Not like the apple forms that are for each item you order, but this is one form for all future signatures).

My dad said he did that and now the fedex guy signs for the package himself when I am not home.

(I am a poor college kid living at home.. haha)

That would be sweet if it arrived on the day of its release! I can't wait!!

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

when I ordered tiger, it actually came a day early. So I would say expect it to be there on the 26th.

5. MAW macrumors regular

6. ascham87 macrumors regular

ascham87

Quick dumb question...I'm not going to be able to go to an Apple store for this launch and thus I will be pre-ordering online. Do I need to select overnight shipping for it to be there on the 26th? Thanks!

7. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

as long as you don't order the day before, you won't need overnight shipping.

8. wakerider017 thread starter macrumors 68000

wakerider017