Pre-order Thru ATT/Shipping Address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cnasty, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Ok, so I have reviewed a lot of threads about the shipping/billing address confusion but most have been pre-orders through Apple.

When I pre-ordered through ATT it gave me the option to complete an address for billing and one for shipping.

Id like it shipped to my job since I know someone will be there to sign for it so I changed my shipping address to my work and kept my billing address as home.

So since I ordered through ATT, this should be fine correct? Or do I have to go into Apple's site and change something there??

Just want to cover all my bases and make sure my order isnt cancelled because of a different shipping/billing address.

Thanks for any info in advance.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

If you were able to change the shipping address to be different than the billing than you are fine. I have spoken to 3 reps about this now and confirmed that the addresses, under some accounts, do not have to match.

There are some people who were not able to change their addresses, for the most part they were non premier customers.

The only thing I wasn't able to do was ship to a P.O Box or International, shipping, billing and account addresses DID NOT have to match.

You're good to go. I also confirmed this with someone who did the same thing last year with a 3GS. The only thing is you most likely will have to sign for your package.

3. Cnasty thread starter macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it.

Yes, I should have stated I have a discount through work and I guess that means premier or FAN as I have seen being tossed around here.

I guess depending on the type of account you have,you can switch the billing and shipping address.

I got a confirmation email shortly after saying processing when i checked the status and also logged into the ATT site but it said back ordered but I have read thats pretty common.

I guess its a real good sign when I can check the status on the premier site by the order number they supplied and also on the ATT normal site to check the status.

Phew! Now the wait begins and hope it comes the 24th!!