Pre-Order vs Buying at Apple or BestBuy Store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MagnumJoe, Mar 7, 2012.

1. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

Is it better to pre order or buy at your local store? I'm hesitant to pre-order because, what if the new iPad is back ordered and I wouldn't get it on Mar 16th and I find it at Best Buy on that day. Of the lucky ones that have already placed your pre-order did your confirmation note delivery date Mar 16th? I'd like to hear your feedback and past experience.

2. Bradllez macrumors 6502

Bradllez

I prefer the Apple store so there is no confusion.

/bradllez

3. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

It says when it will be delivered by when you pre order, right now its the 16th (meaning it will ship out before the 16th but will be held to be delivered to your door on the 16th)

If you plan on getting a popular model (basically all of them except the 64gb models) i'd recommend preordering, launch day is always a PITA

4. jwhazel macrumors regular

Seriously not trying to be a smart alec, but have you not been around a retail store when Apple launches a new product? It looks something like this:

[​IMG]

I'll take online ordering, even if its pushed back a week, rather than wasting a whole day standing in line to maybe get the chance to buy one at the same price. Bestbuy isn't a whole lot better. They rarely get more than 30 units at a time on launch (really dependent on location). Most people camp out there too.

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I always pre-order & it arrives at 10am via FedEx on launch day.

Six consecutive orders have arrived without fail.

I cannot imagine subjecting myself to launch day madness at a store.

6. Ukeman macrumors member

Me likes that! :)