Pre-order with ATT Next

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chumburro2U, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Chumburro2U macrumors 6502

Chumburro2U

Would it be better to use ATT's app to preorder or from Apples site? I have ATT Next and I was wondering what the price would be for the 4.7" with 128 GB out of pocket. Never preordered with ATT Next before.

2. Merc835 macrumors newbie

Re: Pre-order with ATT Next

On 9/11, I went into my local store and then called AT&T to verify what I was told in the store regarding what process I should use. Since I was converting my plan to the NEXT plan, I was directed to use the AT&T app. I then went to the APPLE store in Tyson's Corner, VA as well as called Apple, and was told the same thing (generally speaking since Apple doesn't really comment on telecom provider's process.) The other option AT&T provided me was to come to the AT&T store (play the "get in line" game.)

So, I felt confident that to order my phones (2 x iPhone 6 Plus, 128GBs, gold) via the AT&T app. Placed it at 9:22am EST on 9/12, and I have a status of "Preparing for Shipment" with an EST Ship date between 10/31-11/11.

3. raeram macrumors member

I ordered my iphone 6+ through the apple store app they didn't have any problems processing my order. The only thing with that is you cannot pick it up from the store. My package will be delivered tomorrow! :) btw, it's an ATT Next.

Anyway, I ordered a 2 year contracted phone for hubby the same time through the ATT website. I still have not received any tracking number :( ugh! I wanted him to get his device first before me.