Pre-Order?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Huskoner, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Huskoner macrumors member

Huskoner

Hey Guys!

I've never pre-ordered with Apple before, excuse my ignorance but how much are you expected to pay upfront? Is it full cost, or is the pre-order merely a allocated purchase without anything upfront?

Thank you for your help!

2. malone18 macrumors member

malone18

Full price.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I believe it's full payment up front. Just as you would buy at the physical store.

4. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

In my experience, my account has been untouched until the product has despatched. May vary by country and product though, I guess. :)

Edit: other posters seem to disagree with me, but I've definitely not been charged, or money allocated, before despatch before.

5. ItsGavinC macrumors 6502

The preorder is merely an order before the product is released. You pay full price at the time of placing the order.

6. vc2020 macrumors regular

I was also wondering how long you have to cancel preorders. I'm sure there's a decent window of time but I was going to preorder on the 10th at 3 am EST and then go in to Apple and see if I could try on and schedule a pick up for 24th (would be more convenient then missing the delivery which is bound to happen unless it arrives early enough).

7. malone18 macrumors member

malone18

I guess it could depend on if you use a bank card or credit card. When you preorder you are "charged" full price. When the money is withdrawn can vary. I think my last preorder the card actually got charged on the day I got my shipment notification.

8. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

If you use a credit card, they put a hold for the full cost, but this expires in 3-4 days. They then charge full price a few days before delivery, I guess when the shipment is being prepared.