"PRE-order"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jakeacc, Jun 29, 2010.

1. jakeacc macrumors regular

There are two things I hate in life. 1. Standing in the hot sun and 2. waiting in lines. So you can imagine that I was not going to camp out in front of the Apple store in hopes for an iPhone.

Like other products I really want (blu-ray movies, video games, etc), I pre-ordered my iPhone. This occured on June 16th at 5am.

In every other situation, my pre-order arrived on the day of the launch. But when it comes to iPhones, pre-orders don't really mean pre-orders. It has been 2 weeks since I placed my pre-order, 5 days since the launch, and my pre-order iPhone still hasn't arrived.

I don't agree with Apple's philosophy that on launch day, even though all pre-orders weren't met, they were selling available phones to walk-ins. But, I guess as a business, I can understand that they want to hype up their product launches, and having long lines out their doors always looks good in a photograph or when reported on in the news. And I'm sure they are hoping that people who buy the phones at the store will also have impulse buys. (bumpers, cases, headphones) But regardless, the people who waited in line did not previously give Apple any money where as my credit card was charged.

But, what is really bugging me is that today AT&T got a new big shipment, Best Buy got a new shipment, and I'm sure Apple stores are getting shipments constantly. These are all going to the stores and available to any walk-in customer. Meanwhile, myself and many other customers who pre-ordered still have not received our phones. If Apple wants to give preference to walk-in, they should not provide an online pre-order option.

At the very least, don't call the online purchase a "pre-order" and then later say that phones will only be shipping between July 2nd - July 16th.

Sorry to complain. I know there is a lot of complaining on these Forums already. Just needed to get that off my chest. Thanks.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Right there with you, pre-ordred on the 15th, haven;t gotten my phone, no info on when i will get it, however they took about 5 min to charge my credit card and the money is already on the AT&T corporate account... FU.. AT&T.....

3. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I agree. Should be first come, first serve and you ordered way before launch so should of gotten it at the same time if not before walk-ins.

5. friedduck macrumors newbie

+1. I canceled mine this morning (ordered June 16.) There doesn't seem to be any upside to pre-ordering if it still means waiting 4 weeks.

I'll take my chance with a walk-in after the lines die down.

Jeff

6. djgulia macrumors 6502

ITA! I'm getting very frustrated. I've been calling various Apple, AT&T and Best Buy stores trying to find one actually with stock to no avail. I think what is more frustrating are all the people posting today that they just walked right in and got a phone.

I'm just in a very bad mood today so my frustration is enhanced ha.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Pre-orders at the AT&T are non-refundable ....that is what got me more pissed off I am totally stuck!...and I am going on Vacation tomorrow, so if the phone shows up and I am not available for pickup that day I will be drop to the bottom of the list, until who knows when!..

just look at this threads (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=955186) and see how many others stores have stock...and for some reason...some other pre-orders are not being fulfilled.... I am so pissed!.!:mad::mad:

Look at this one too!...people cancel they pre-order and got more than one at the AT&T store!... http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=955473

Note: I am not upset a customer who got it or anything like that...upset at AT&T and how they handel this.

8. baller1308 macrumors 65816

Called a couple of AT&T stores and they are supposedly taking pre-orders and will ship it to your house in 7-10 business days. Not sure how accurate those shipping dates are but I'm just going to wait and just try my chance in getting one in store.

9. djgulia macrumors 6502

Heard the same thing from a Best Buy.