Pre-ordered 3gS but didn't get confirmation??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raphy, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Raphy macrumors member

Hey guys, after several hours of failed attempts to pre-order i took someones advice on the forum to cancel family texting plan and Voila it worked. But that was last night and i haven't gotten my confirmation email. I check my order status on apple.com and the phone shows up but what does it mean that i never got the confirmation??

2. Noelmel macrumors regular

i think its just overloaded with so many people ordering. At first people were getting the email right away. When I did it it took over 2 hours. Now its taking even longer.

3. dand1996 macrumors regular

Im in the same boat. Ill let you know if I get anything

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Yeah. I ordered right away. My confirmation took about twenty minutes.

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I'm still awaiting my confirmation as well, and I've got to be close (relatively speaking) to the front of the pack. I ordered yesterday, probably 30 minutes after the keynote was over. My order shows up under order status, though. I tried to call this morning, and was on hold for 30-45 minutes before having to take another phone call. I'll try calling again when I get the chance.

6. luckystephens macrumors member

luckystephens

I ordered last night and recieved my confirmation email approx. 6 hrs later.

7. dand1996 macrumors regular

same, my order status is correct but never received email confirmation

8. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Lemme know if you receive/hear anything. I'll post back to this thread if I do, too. Good thing we have awhile to figure this whole thing out, huh? :)

9. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

I ordered around midnight last night and got my email before I went to bed shortly after. If you don't get anything soon, try calling Apple and seeing if they have anything on file for you. Also, log into your account and check your recent orders!

10. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I just spoke with Apple and they said that it is going through some sort of secondary verification with AT&T for some reason. The guy said that I would receive an email should there be anything wrong with the order (I'm a bit perplexed as to why there would be anything wrong still, but there was no way he could answer that), and that he expects me to get my order confirmation sometime today. He checked to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the order as it stands now, and I appear to be fine.

I'm a bit nervous because I'll be going out of town for nine days and want to make sure there aren't any holdups before I leave (as I'll be without cell/email), but he seemed confident that, despite the delay, everything was good to go.

By the way, if you want to call, the hold time is currently around 45 minutes, even though they say 1-2 hours.

11. shoebobs macrumors regular

For those of you who are talking about checking your order status, did you pre-order to have the phone shipped to you, or are you going to finish the purchase in-store?

I am going to go in-store on launch day to finish my order. I received a confirmation email about 10 hours later, but don't have anything in my "order status" on apple.com

12. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Just call the store. I didn't get a confirmation, so I called my local Apple store and they had my name and the phone I ordered. All set for next week.

13. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I requested that the phone be shipped to me.

14. Raphy thread starter macrumors member

Finally!! I'm sitting at work and i check my phone and i got the confirmation. I think i can relax and just wait for it to arrive now....I already posted my old one on ebay so i was sorta already committed to this deal....good times

15. dand1996 macrumors regular

16. thecellar macrumors regular

i just pre-ordered one about 2 hours ago as well...havent received confirmation yet.

17. bjquach macrumors 6502

Well i preordered 10 mins ago so I should get my confirmation email tomorrow? i printed out my order page in case I have to march into an Apple store if anything goes wrong

18. dand1996 macrumors regular

I ordered about 24 hours ago and still nothing

19. bjquach macrumors 6502

I'd suggest giving Apple a call tomorrow. I'm doing that if I do not get an email by thursday

20. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

From Apple after the order? I completed this several hours ago. Need I be concerned?

I found out today from ATT store that if you have not had service for 6 months or better...you are not eligible foe 399/499 pricing. What a load of crap. Those people must pay 599/699.

Got my confirmation today....

Attached Files:

• 3gs.jpg
      3gs.jpg
      File size:
      74.9 KB
      Views:
  21. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

...still waiting. It's been almost 48 hours now. Boo.

22. paulold macrumors 6502

I reserved an iPhone Monday night but did not see a confirmation email. The next morning, I grew concerned so I re-entered the reservation. (So I'm not sure if I have two reserved now or not.) I had called my apple store and the salesperson said to wait a little longer for the confirmation email. When I got back to my email, there was my confrimation email.

The salesperson advised me to call back closer to the 19th to learn the details of how the day will go. I'm hoping placing a reservation will help me get a phone on the 19th. The most I've learned so far is the store will probably be opened earlier than usual. But no word yet of separate lines, like they are doing at the AT&T stores.

Not sure why, but I want to buy my phone from Apple. : )