Pre-Ordered a 32GB iPhone 4S, I Now Want a 64GB 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arcadia310, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Arcadia310 macrumors regular

I pre-ordered my 32GB White iPhone 4S yesterday but on second thought I really think I want a 64GB model. I pre-ordered through AT&T's website. I also added a new line to an existing plan to get the upgrade price for this phone. When I get the phone could I bring it to an AT&T store, return it, and get a new 64GB iPhone 4S for $399?

Also, I didn't pay for this phone. I had the owner of the plan pay for me and I planned to reimburse him. When I return the 4S could I have the money transferred back to his bank account without him actually being there? I know at some stores like Best Buy they just return the money to the account that paid for it.

2. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can return it & get the 64gb, but if this year is like years past, availabilty will be extremely limited. I doubt you'll be able to just waltz into a store & get one on the 14th.

No idea about the second question.

Good luck!

3. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

You will be able to exchange the 32GB to a 64Gb, but IF you can find a 64GB in stock! For the second question you will have to talk to AT&T. It could be a hit or miss.

4. Arcadia310 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks guys. Anyone know about the second question?

5. moebius-001 macrumors newbie

How refunds typically work with retailers.

Most places will refund you in the same manner you paid for it. I.E. If you paid with a credit card, they will put that back on the credit card that it was purchased on. Sometimes they ask for the credit card to do the refund. If there was a check written, debit card, or cash, then they will hand you that much cash.