Pre-ordered iPad + AppleCare, does AppleCare ship?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MythicFrost, Mar 18, 2010.

1. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Hi,

I pre-ordered 64GB WiFi iPad + AppleCare, I live in Australia and the iPad is being shipped to a friend, the iPad will get there on the 3rd of April, but the AppleCare says it ships from the 19th of Mar - 24th of Mar?

Will it actually ship a little AppleCare box? And if so, will it do it before the iPad??? or will they arrive both on the 3rd of April.

Kind Regards

2. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Not sure about any Out of country issues, but I believe you can purchase apple care anytime during the first year you have the Apple product. You could wait 10 months and THEN purchase it. It would be the same as buying apple care the first day you buy the product because your apple product is covered by the same warranty during the first year after purchase anyway.

You cannot wait one year and one day After purchase and THEN buy apple care. That wont work.

Also, waiting till month 11, THEN buying a three year apple care warranty, does not extend it to four years. Just make sure you get it WITHIN the first year of purchase. Your product will be covered three years FROM the INITIAL PURCHASE DATE regardless.

Ive always bought my apple care(s) on-line and never got a box, (You REALLY dont need it), but I believe you can request it if it makes you feel more comfortable. I have more empty product boxes for my stuff and should SERIOUSLY throw 95% of them away.

3. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I don't want the box, it's just that it said it would ship between the 19th and 24th of March... so I hope it's online only.

4. wyneken macrumors regular

I think you will actually get a little box. I'm not sure there's anything in the box you actually need, apart from maybe a code to type in to activate your AppleCare service. Once you're in the system, all you need is your serial number.