Pre Ordered iPhone 2 different places

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SexyBeast, Jun 15, 2010.

1. SexyBeast macrumors regular

I tried for hours to get through on apple.com. I finally gave up and went to Best Buy and got my 32GB black pre ordered there with a $50 deposit. When I got home I checked on apple.com again and got another error message, but had the option to reserve for pick up at the Apple Store. Since they weren't charging my card at that time, I reserved one there too. The Best Buy people assured me they would have my iPhone on the 24th, but just incase it's nice to have a back up. Anyone else do something similar? I don't know how anyone got through on apple.com. I must have tried at least 100 times.

2. Mac512-1987 macrumors newbie

Tried AT&T online multiple times...to no avail. When I did get through, the option to buy an i4 wasn't there. So.......

Went to RadioShack to reserve/Pre-Order/whatever and landed at #6...they said it'd be a sure thing.

Went to BestBuy and was #22...well within what they expected to receive.

Since I have two lines I can upgrade, gonna get both, when they arrive, or at least one, hopefully, in the first batch (launch or day after).

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

i have a 32 gb and 16 gb reserved early this morning at apple.com

i went into a best buy around noon and did the same. i'm #10 and #11

4. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

Technically you "reserved" not "pre-ordered". No guaranty you will get a phone either place.

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

actually the apple email confirmation guarantees a June 24th pickup and i've been verbally guaranteed a phone from best buy.

just sayin