Pre-Ordered iPhone But Apple Says July 2nd..Chances Getting It Early??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CherryJello, Jun 17, 2010.

1. CherryJello macrumors regular

I pre-ordered my iPhone right around the moment when the pre-orders went from June 24th availability to July 2nd. With all the problems Apple was having with the massive influx of of orders, I've got some hope, maybe, just maybe the phone will arrive on the 24th.

1. Apple says ships by July 2nd, meaning it could ship earlier.

2. 600,000 people order, some are bound to cancel their orders, 10,000 perhaps?? I could easily slip in..

So does anyone here feel like bringing me up, or are folks just gonna tear me down????

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

Probably not earlier than the July 2nd ship date.

And to add insult you realize July 2nd is on a Friday. Since July 4th falls on a Sunday and all federal and most private companies like FedEx let their employees have Monday July 5th off.

That means "ships by July 2nd next day/overnight" really means you won't get it delivered till Tuesday July 6th since that's considered the next business day.

3. CherryJello thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, that was their delivery date, July 6th. My iPad shipped right around memorial day, fortunately Fedex was able to get it to me the Friday..they really seemed to hustle. My hope is that it is gets here by July 2nd. Meaning a June 26th-27th ship date.

4. trssho macrumors 6502

Seems like last year, a lot of orders that got in "late", got the early delivery anyway. Cross your fingers.

5. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

last years demand was nothing like this years though.

6. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I'm not here to tear you down but the term "Ships by July 2" means it will leave the factory to be shipped to you on July 2. BUT! if it was close to the shift date there's always a chance! :D

7. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

I'm in the same boat, but imagine people who didn't pre-order; there probably won't be any iPhones in stores for a long time.

8. rtabdo macrumors 6502

I think you're likely to get it earlier than the 2nd.

I used to work for Apple. The theme is always "under-promise, over-deliver"

They say July 2nd to cover their butts, but in most cases they try to get it to you asap.

9. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Also, keep in mind that over-night deliveries are for launch day only. Any time after that you get standard shipping.

10. Buotte macrumors newbie

Iphone for pre order

Hey consider yourself lucky your getting it shipped by the 2nd, I pre ordered mine and it wont ship till the 14th, it's killing me.