Pre-ordered my 4s :D, Now how do I activeate it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by haleigh, Oct 7, 2011.

1. haleigh macrumors member

...and now I have a question.

I got it through Verizon, and when it ships, it'll be shipped to my house. Now, do I have to take it in to the store to get it activated and whatnot or does it come ready to go? I've never done this before, so sorry if this is a dumb question.
    I'm just really excited because this is my first smartphone, I've been stuck with an env3 for 2 years now >.<

If anyone can help me out, thank you! :)

2. nickftw8686 macrumors regular

you can activate it at home, it is pretty easy process, or at least it was when I got the original iPhone

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You don't have to go to a store
    You will have simple instructions to follow for activation

4. jonter19 macrumors member

When the Verizon iPhone 4 was released all you did was plug your phone into your computer, iTunes would recognize it and walk you through the steps of signing into your Verizon account and activating.

I'm wondering if you will be able to activate the 4S straight from the phone, considering iOS5 is suppose to be able to function without a computer.

5. AJayAgliolio macrumors member

AJayAgliolio

From what I gathered out of the last two keynotes, it seems that you will be able to pull it from the box and get it set up without any wires at all...

Instead of the normal 'plug into iTunes' icon, it will simply say 'Welcome'...

6. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

When you turn on the phone, there will be a series of setup/activation screens to go through before you get to the home screen.