Pre-Ordered new Eminem CD ~ issues downloading a couple songs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spaceballl, Nov 5, 2013.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hi there,

I pre-ordered the new Eminem CD. Well, first I bought the song, "Berzerk," and then I pre-ordered the CD. It used the Berzerk purchase toward "Complete My Album" ~ now that the CD is out, I can download every song on the album... except for Berzerk, even though it says that song is "purchased" ~ If I go to the individual single for the song, I can download that, but I'd really much rather have the actual complete album, with the songs in correct order. Can someone help me with this? Screenshots below as examples....

Attached Files:

2. Bear macrumors G3

All I can suggest is you use Get Info in iTunes on the single and change the appropriate fields so it gets listed as part of the album.

3. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Sure - of course I *DID* purchase the song, but the method you're describing is essentially the same as pirating the song and relying on iTunes Match to give me the benefit of the doubt.

4. Kernel Panicky macrumors newbie

Kernel Panicky

You wouldn't be pirating anything. You would simply be changing the way your "Purchased" copy is being displayed in iTunes. You just right click on Berzerk in your library, select 'Get Info' and change the album field to say 'The Marshall Mathers LP 2 (Deluxe)' instead of 'Berzerk - Single' and change the track number from 1 of 1 to 8 of 21 as it is on the album. There is absolutely nothing illegal about changing the way a song is displayed in your iTunes library. If it was illegal, Apple would not give you this capability in their software.

5. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I didn't say it was pirating. I'm saying i'm essentially tricking iTunes into matching the song, and that this is the same way it would work if I pirated the CD, dropped it into my iTunes, and had iTunes Match.

6. Kernel Panicky, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013

Kernel Panicky macrumors newbie

Kernel Panicky

We are simply trying to explain how to correct your issue of your song not displaying correctly in iTunes and how to get your legally purchased song to display correctly with the rest of your legally purchased album. There is nothing even remotely illegal with doing what I described. What I'm explaining is simply how to get it to DISPLAY correctly in iTunes. In regards to what you are saying about iTunes Match and "tricking" it. It won't match it if it detects that it's already in the cloud which it should since you purchased it through iTunes. Even if it did, your analogy about "tricking" iTunes Match as if it were pirated is inaccurate. A better analogy for your scenario would be like buying the album on CD (so you would legally own it, just in a different format), converting your CD in iTunes and then having iTunes match it so that you have access to it in the cloud which is EXACTLY the whole purpose of iTunes Match. Yes, people illegally match songs they don't own but that does not apply to you in this situation because you legally own the song. I'm not really sure how better to explain this to someone that has been on here for 10 years, has 2400 posts and has a tech blog. This is pretty basic as far as tech stuff goes.

On a side note, the reason some of your songs show "play" and the one shows "purchased" is because you have not downloaded the rest of the album to your iTunes library on your computer. The ones that have not been downloaded show "play", the one that you have currently downloaded to your iTunes library shows "purchased". Once you download the rest of the album, all of them will say "purchased". I do understand that you pre-ordered the album and got the Berzerk single immediately and that it is not "linking" it to the album. If you delete your previously purchased version of Berzerk from your iTunes library and redownload it as part of the album it would update (tag) everything correctly for you and could get you exactly the solution you are looking for. Basically I've given you two different ways to get the same end result.