Pre-ordered on the 15, got confirmation, but no reminder today....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HaroldC, Jun 21, 2010.

1. HaroldC macrumors regular

Got the confirmation email after I pre-ordered on the 15th. But never received the reminder email today. What's the story? I called the apple store and the person I spoke with didn't have the list of reservations.

Anyone have any clarification? I know there are bunch of us out there. Did our orders get silently cancelled?

2. drewsky08 macrumors newbie

I didn't get the second confirmation either, but I still have a reservation under the Apple Store app, and I did get the first confirmation. It's possible some may have gotten lost in the interwebz because of how many people had reserved one. Just like some people never recieved an initial confirmation yet they have a confirmed reservation

3. bigtallguy macrumors member

My dad had the same thing, no second confirmation, but it is under the Apple Store app and is did get the first confirmation. I however did get the first and second confirmations and it's listed in the Apple Store app. And we placed our orders at the same time, so what I'm thinking, is there are just too many people with reservations.

4. drewsky08 macrumors newbie

Think there will be any issues at the Apple Store on Thursday? I don't think so, I just think they didn't get through (the emails)

5. bigtallguy macrumors member

It should be fine. If anyone is worried about their reservation, they could always just call the Apple Store it's reserved with and they can confirm it too for you, you just tell them your name and email it's reserved under.

6. drewsky08 macrumors newbie

I'm gonna go by there tomorrow. I'm just afraid of being let down. What I don't know won't hurt me!

7. HaroldC thread starter macrumors regular

While it's good to hear that others didn't get their reminders yesterday, I'm not happy that there's the possibility that we might be shut out on Thursday. I'm going to call the Apple store and try to get confirmation that I do in fact have a phone reserved.