Pre Ordered? Reserved? Or Waiting in Line? Stock availability?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jason-Houghton, Jun 21, 2010.

?

Pre Ordered? Reserved? Or Waiting in Line?

1. I Pre Ordered.

22 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. I Reserved for Collection.

26 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. I'm going to be waiting in line.

10 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. None of these.

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Jason-Houghton macrumors regular

Jason-Houghton

Hey, how are you getting your iphone 4?

How much stock do you think each apple store will have for customers that didn't pre order or reserve their unit? Anyone have any figures from last year, or for the 3g launch?

2. christyn macrumors 6502a

Too hard to say at this point. Won't be comparable to 3GS though, much more demand with this launch. I'd be willing to bet anyone who didn't reserve will have to camp out if they want to walk out with IP4 on launch day.

3. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Last year I was able to walk into my AT&T store and buy a 3GS no problem at about 10:00am... After the first day they were sold out for more than a week though -- most of the Apple stores around Miami were also sold out for about a week.

4. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

5. Jason-Houghton thread starter macrumors regular

Jason-Houghton

I'm getting there at 6.30am for the 8am doors open. Haha hopefully the line wont be so long ;)

6. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I can tell you the store I reserved from (Boca Town Center) had over 1100 reservations. :eek:

7. lidomkj macrumors regular

I dont know the numbers, but there is an old thread that someone broke down the numbers based on how many apple said they sold of the 3g and divided it among stores. This is different this year due to the demand for this phone, pre-orders, reservations, etc.

During the 3g launch, I had a problem with activation at the apple store and had to come back later that night after work. They held the phones for me since my wife knew the manager. They still had people that night and sold out while we were there. No way to know for sure until Thursday.

I personally think that Friday will be the best day to show up if you do not have a reservation since there are tons of people who pre-ordered and have a reservation. They will end of pulling those phones back into stock since they will get their shipmen and never show up. That is just my opinion.

8. christyn macrumors 6502a

Good luck! Probably depends on the area. We have 1 apple store for the entire state, and there was a line all the up the stairs to the upper level of the mall for the 3GS launch and that was at 7AM.

AT&T was a bit better, but still very long lines and didn't have the stock and sold out within about 20 minutes.

Glad to have pre-ordered mine :D

9. Jason-Houghton thread starter macrumors regular

Jason-Houghton

That's true, If I cant get one on Thursday, I shall ask them about this and see if I can get one may be at closing time.

10. Jason-Houghton thread starter macrumors regular

Jason-Houghton

I have one pre ordered for delivery on the 14th July, I stupidly didn't pre order on the 15th June.

11. Loki666 macrumors member

Reserved and will be at my local store at5 am

12. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Have reservation but waiting line at ATT due to their stupidity.

13. Jason-Houghton thread starter macrumors regular

Jason-Houghton

Haha how come?

14. christyn macrumors 6502a

Can't blame you too much, everyone on here was constantly posting that they were positive that Apple wouldn't sell out of pre-orders for AT LEAST a few days.

We all see how that worked out :rolleyes:

15. nws0291 macrumors 6502a

I reserved mine at Fort Lauderdale Galleria. It was busy on the 3GS launch last year.

16. Chief Oddball macrumors regular

I missed getting a pre-order in, so I'm going to line up a bit early on Thursday and hope I can get one. Most of our area's seasonal residents have gone home so the crowds should be minimal or at least manageable.

If I strike out on Thursday, I'll probably try a repeat on Friday to see if I can pick up an unclaimed reservation from launch day.

I don't really need to be doing this, but it's fun. If I don't get a phone either day, I'll just wait a bit.