Pre-Ordered the 6s Plus-Thoughts on the Larger Phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WoodrowCall, Sep 13, 2015.

1. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

I pre-ordered a SG 64gig 6s Plus yesterday and I'm wondering how everyone who moved from a standard-sized phone to the Plus has liked it. What is it like to use? How is it to carry around? I ordered the Plus because I like the improved camera and I find that I read a lot on my 6, so I figured the size would only be a benefit. Anyone else want to share their experience?

2. noobinator macrumors 601

It's a joy to use. The landscape home screen and some land screen apps are awesome. Having OIS is great. The extra real estate really helps in doing anything from browsing Instagram to watching movies. It is hard to use 1 handed and i have large hands but i have gotten used to using it 2 hands. I felt like it was small after using it for a few months. The only negative, is it sits in my pocket and is definitely more noticeable than the regular 6. It pushes on my pockets a bit when I sit down but not enough to bend it because I don't wear skinny jeans.

3. Skyone22 macrumors regular

well one thing I did not realize or know until I compared their specs side by side ... the larger of the two 6s plus has optical image stabilization as well as optical image stabilization for video and the 6s does not. And at first when I got the larger phone last year - it felt so big and it took me a while to get used to the size in my one hand. However, now I would not want to give that size up. But my husband would not want the larger screen. He likes to put it in his pocket and feels it would be rather cumbersome to do that.

4. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

I love the screen size, but not the phone size. I just have a feeling that the iPhone 7 will be losing much of the bezel (rumor of the finger print scanner being on the screen itself). I will wait until then for a larger screen.

5. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

When the 6 Plus was announced, I was unsure on how big it would feel. Going from the 5S to the Plus seemed HUGE! So I stuck with the 6 instead. Through the year I got to play with, hold and feel the 6 Plus. I liked it and going from a 6 to a 6 Plus was not that much bigger. So I decided this year to go for the 6S Plus and I am happy I did.

I don't see any issues and having the larger screen for work related tasks, movies, browsing and reading will be nice. Plus the 1080p display is gorgeous. I did get Apple Care + for the first time ever. Being a bigger phone and I don't use cases or screen protectors, there will be some adjustment to size and holding it. If I do ever drop it by chance, I know I am covered.

6. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

I just can't do it because of not fitting in my pocket.

7. profets macrumors 68040

I've used both sizes and feel like they're both excellent options. Pros and cons to both. I've used mostly the Plus, the screen is gorgeous and its amazing for consuming content and reading. Actually feels perfect to hold in one hand to read books on - if reading is something thats important to you then go for the Plus.

8. sunshinecourt9 macrumors member

sunshinecourt9

Honestly, when I first got the 6 plus last September, I had it the first evening after it arrived and went to bed thinking "what did I do?" I hated it! I was deleting things off of my 5s after transferring to my plus and was really regretting my decision. The next day, however, the plus grew on me. When it came time to pack up my 5s for Gazelle after a week of the Plus, I couldn't believe how tiny it felt! I now love my plus and ordered the 6s plus. It might be a shock at first, but it grows on you :) it's perfect for web browsing, Instagram is huge, and it's there when I need to quickly google something and I don't feel like I'm squinting on a tiny screen. Oh and I'm a girl so it fits in my purse and some back jean pockets.

9. profets macrumors 68040

That always shocks me too - how small a 4" iPhone feels after using the larger ones. Crazy how quick our perception of a device can change.

10. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

As long as you're not wearing darn near skin-tight pants, which seems to be the trend among younger people out there, it'll fit in the back pocket just fine. While my 6+ runs slower than the 6, the extra resolution, larger screen, longer battery life and optical image stabilization more than make up for it.

11. CodeSpyder macrumors 6502a

CodeSpyder

I have the 6 Plus and am getting the 6s Plus. It fits in my jeans pocket and doesn't bend. I have the RhinoShield bumper, no case. I love it.

12. KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

I love the extra screen real estate. I also do not wear skinny jeans so it fits fine in my pocket.

13. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

In my opinion, the "plus" screen is a joy to use and view in every aspect. However, it is a pain to carry around, just comfortable in my pant pockets. I preordered a 6S (not plus).