Pre orderers,have a look. this will excite

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dspalton, Mar 12, 2012.

1. dspalton, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012

dspalton macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 3.1; en-gb; GT-P7300 Build/HMJ37) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.13)

Right I've just gone to

https://supportprofile.apple.com
    to have a look to see what devices are Listed...

I've just ordered an ipad 2 64gb for my mum, which there is a serial number for
    Looking the serial number up online reveals... the 64gb model. Which isn't in my hands yet
    There is also another one, wit no image beside it.
    Looking this product shows 90 days support and looking up the serial number reveals 'we have found a serial number we cannot identify.

[​IMG]

So I think I know the unit allocated to me, anyone else see it?
    Edit: meant so you can see your device an identity it that was all
    Dave

2. WhoAmI2 macrumors member

What are you talking about? We can't sign into your account to see it.

3. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

4. patricem macrumors 6502

patricem

Not sure what you mean?

5. WILLDOGS macrumors regular

Yup looks like my New iPad S/N has been registered. can't wait for delivery Friday!

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Oh ok. I see. Not that exciting. Actually kind of stupid because I preordered 2 but they both aren't mine. Now I have to unregister what shouldn't have been registered to me in the first place.

It's also pretty stupid that our warranty is already in effect even though we won't get the iPad until the 16th.

7. donnaw macrumors 65816

Ok, I finally understand. Your new iPad is automatically registered. I checked, mine is too.

8. dspalton thread starter macrumors 6502a

Showing your have one assigned
    Those on the later delivery dates can check to see if their order is coming forwards

9. ihatephish macrumors regular

10. patricem macrumors 6502

patricem

11. intofx macrumors regular

I hate that support and warrantee starts on the 7th when the device isnt even available til the 16th. Everything should start when product is in hand.

12. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Apple is usually rather flexible with the warranties, they often extend it by a few weeks without much of a fuss. So a few days doesn't really matter.

13. WILLDOGS macrumors regular

It states "Estimated"

14. RevolvingSheep macrumors regular

I had trouble ordering mine on the phone and the lady ended up using my @me address to order my iPad instead of the gmail address I use for my main Apple ID. Does this mean my iPad is registered to my @me Apple ID? When I look up my order online, I have to use my @me address. Will I have any issues getting my iPad connected to my gmail ID?

15. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Use the Unregister button.

16. dspalton thread starter macrumors 6502a

No
    Idea

But remember you can register it via iTunes I think that will get it into your account that way.

17. Louisianimal macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Mine just has my 4s. Do i click comewhere else? I wonder if its because i just moved to preparing for shipment and they havent registered it yet.

18. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

19. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

I haven't purchased the 3 yet (hopefully later this year when I get into grad school or for Christmas, my OG iPad is just fine after iOS 5.1), but I had no idea about the My Support Profile on Apple.com. I feel like such a noob. It had all of my Apple products there, even my OLD 3rd-gen iPod from the high school years! Wow! Now I can see all my warranty info and set up repairs if I need one on that page without having to remember or copy/paste my serial numbers. Glad I looked at this thread. It just sucks my iPad's AppleCare will be gone in early April. God forbid something happens to it after that date....:confused: