Pre orderers,have a look. this will excite

dspalton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Fleet, UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 3.1; en-gb; GT-P7300 Build/HMJ37) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.13)

Right I've just gone to

https://supportprofile.apple.com
to have a look to see what devices are Listed...

I've just ordered an ipad 2 64gb for my mum, which there is a serial number for
Looking the serial number up online reveals... the 64gb model. Which isn't in my hands yet
There is also another one, wit no image beside it.
Looking this product shows 90 days support and looking up the serial number reveals 'we have found a serial number we cannot identify.

So I think I know the unit allocated to me, anyone else see it?
Edit: meant so you can see your device an identity it that was all
Dave

Last edited:

patricem

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 3.1; en-gb; GT-P7300 Build/HMJ37) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.13)

Right I've just gone to

https://supportprofile.apple.com
to have a look to see what devices are Listed...

I've just ordered an ipad 2 64gb for my mum, which there is a serial number for
Looking the serial number up online reveals... the 64gb model. Which isn't in my hands yet
There is also another one, wit no image beside it.
Looking this product shows 90 days support and looking up the serial number reveals 'we have found a serial number we cannot identify

So I think I know the unit allocated to me, anyone else see it?

Dave
Not sure what you mean?

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Oh ok. I see. Not that exciting. Actually kind of stupid because I preordered 2 but they both aren't mine. Now I have to unregister what shouldn't have been registered to me in the first place.

It's also pretty stupid that our warranty is already in effect even though we won't get the iPad until the 16th.

intofx

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
I hate that support and warrantee starts on the 7th when the device isnt even available til the 16th. Everything should start when product is in hand.

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
I hate that support and warrantee starts on the 7th when the device isnt even available til the 16th. Everything should start when product is in hand.
Apple is usually rather flexible with the warranties, they often extend it by a few weeks without much of a fuss. So a few days doesn't really matter.

RevolvingSheep

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2012
I had trouble ordering mine on the phone and the lady ended up using my @me address to order my iPad instead of the gmail address I use for my main Apple ID. Does this mean my iPad is registered to my @me Apple ID? When I look up my order online, I have to use my @me address. Will I have any issues getting my iPad connected to my gmail ID?

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I had trouble ordering mine on the phone and the lady ended up using my @me address to order my iPad instead of the gmail address I use for my main Apple ID. Does this mean my iPad is registered to my @me Apple ID? When I look up my order online, I have to use my @me address. Will I have any issues getting my iPad connected to my gmail ID?
Use the Unregister button.

dspalton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Fleet, UK
No
Idea

But remember you can register it via iTunes I think that will get it into your account that way.

Louisianimal

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Mine just has my 4s. Do i click comewhere else? I wonder if its because i just moved to preparing for shipment and they havent registered it yet.

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I haven't purchased the 3 yet (hopefully later this year when I get into grad school or for Christmas, my OG iPad is just fine after iOS 5.1), but I had no idea about the My Support Profile on Apple.com. I feel like such a noob. It had all of my Apple products there, even my OLD 3rd-gen iPod from the high school years! Wow! Now I can see all my warranty info and set up repairs if I need one on that page without having to remember or copy/paste my serial numbers. Glad I looked at this thread. It just sucks my iPad's AppleCare will be gone in early April. God forbid something happens to it after that date....:confused: