pre-ordering 3gs at best buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wrdabney, Jun 16, 2009.

1. wrdabney macrumors member

i read a post where some guy was talking about pre-ordering a 3gs at best buy. has anybody else done this. i cant find anything on their website about it. can you pre-order at the store?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. Ash-Iphone macrumors newbie

That may have been me, bud.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=722097

I got there today at around Noon at this specific best buy and I was #14 on the pre order list (the list meaning you're guaranteed to get one).

They later called me, said I was good to go, asked what time I wanted to come and pick it up. I told them as soon as the store opened. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it actually works out this way :p

4. Ash-Iphone macrumors newbie

Also, from reading other people's post on the matter, it sounds like its just a matter of calling all your local best buy's as it doesnt seem like every one of them is getting bombarded.

5. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

I did the same thing on Tuesday 6/16. Went to a Best Buy Mobile and she scanned some sheet of paper and I had to buy a $50 gift card. My receipt says 32GB Black and I asked like 37 times if this Guaranteed me having one on Friday and the girl kept reassuring me that it did. She even showed me the little binder with my name in it to put my mind at ease I guess lol. Hopefully it all works out as planned....

6. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Been there done that. I will be pickin mine up of Friday, I hope.

7. Ash-Iphone macrumors newbie

Hahah I hear ya, bud. I almost took the damn paper out of her hands when she had it there. I did look over to make sure I saw my name written, my number was correct, etc.

8. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

Yea, I just have this bad feeling it aint gonna work out how its supposed to.

9. bandit373 macrumors newbie

Ordered a 32GB Black 3GS from my local Best Buy RI Monday. They had 2 remaining. Required a $50 deposit that IS refundable and they also give you a $50 BB Gift Card on the spot just for Pre-Ordering. NOT a bad deal at all. :)

10. timmciglobal macrumors member

Just so ya don't freak out on them in bestbuy you know the 50$ giftcard IS your security deposit right?

It's not 50$ refundable AND a 50$ giftcard.

The "deposit" since they can't really do deposits at bestbuy is just you agreeing to buy a 50$ giftcard and them holding it for your iPhone purchase and if you don't go threw with it you get the 50$ giftcard instead of using it torwards your iphone.

Either way you paid 50$ to get a 50$ giftcard.

Tim

11. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

I like how you started "Just so ya don't freak out on them" lol

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yeah, I did something like that when "The Lion King" was coming out, but it was only $5.00 at Blockbuster (forgot to go back there and the War Department bought the DVD at Costco, lost my $5.00 deposit b/c I lost the receipt).....:p:p:p

13. timmciglobal macrumors member

I've worked retail and CS and I know how some concepts can be misunderstood and then a screaming person is in a retail store saying your ripping them off.

:)

Sure this isn't original poster but still nice to let everyone reading know!

Tim

14. Atomicfission92 macrumors regular

I had one pre-ordered at the Apple store, but while I was in BestBuy today I asked about it. They still had plenty left as far as pre-orders go and I was the first one to pre-order a White 32GB. They made the process pretty easy I must say, Pay the 50$ deposit and they let me set up the time of day I wanted to come down. No waiting on lines or chancing not getting one. And best of all, unlike the Apple store, They ACCEPT CASH!.

15. NINReznorist macrumors newbie

I just preordered mine today at Best Buy. The guy and girl both working there told me that they were getting 20 Preordered 3GS' and 10 retail 3GS. I was number 14 so i am guaranteed to get one :D Im so stoked:D and i had to get a lil tiny $20 GoPhone to hold me over